PDA

View Full Version : SktechUp Textures Files?

Michael Cody
03-03-2004, 10:48 PM
You guys have me using Sketchup now .. just what I need another piece of software to master..

Doing ok now, but I am looking for textures .. IE different wood samples, finishes, etc... I made a brass plate texture, and dyed yellow curly maple textures, etc.. for the pic below. This is a 2d plan for an Arrow of Light award I made for my cub scouts 2 weeks ago. (made 5 of them)...

Anyway, I was hoping maybe someone had a collection of textures they would share... would save me taking ton's of pic's and then creating textures from them...

3D stuff is my endevour as I want to make a box with 1/4" walnut sides & maple burl top panel w/cherry edges ... and I would like to mock it up before I build it..

Todd Burch
03-03-2004, 11:31 PM
Michael, I would encourage you to check out the MATERIALS forum on the Sketchup web site. There is a vast inventory of items there that are donated from other Sketchup users.

Also, do you know about the radial copy feature? It would help you clean up and straighten up the "rays". Create the first one, then rotate a copy of it via the center of your arc, drop the copy at the final location, then enter "/6" to create 6 copies along the path that you just traversed. It's covered in HELP pretty good.

Todd