PDA

View Full Version : Rowmark Laser Max Red

Brian Robison
01-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Hi Creekers.
I just finished a job with red over white lasermax.
It was horrible, I don't recall having problems before.
I ended up lasering at 400dpi, wiping off the red dust and lasering again to get a nice clear clean mark. I never could get it to give a nice mark with one pass.
Any one else have this problem?

Joe Pelonio
01-28-2008, 11:43 AM
The red is a little more tricky for some reason. I've been able to get a nice finish with one pass for smaller text, but if you have big wide letters not so much. The worst thing is that the red "dust" will stick if it gets onto the white engraved area and won't come off without another pass. One way around it
is to apply transfer tape, then vector cut it at very low power, and remove the tape from the letters. Then run the rastor and the red "dust" stays on the transfer tape for easy removal when done.

Mike Null
01-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Brian

I rarely use transfer tape but it is something of a solution. What I normally do is spray the engraved pieces with water/orange cleaner before I try to clean them. My theory, and it seems to work, is that the red particles are put in suspension and more easily cleaned without being embedded in the white.

Paul Brinkmeyer
01-28-2008, 3:32 PM
I ran into that Friday. If I just wash with water...no more problems.
I think the cleaning solutions was causing the problem for me.

Gary Hair
01-28-2008, 4:15 PM
One other option is to engrave from the bottom up and use lots of air - I have done this in the past with pretty good results.

Gary

Doug Bergstrom
01-28-2008, 4:39 PM
bottom up with transfer tape works great for us.

Brian Robison
01-28-2008, 6:47 PM
I didn't think about the bottom up option.
I'll give that a try next time.

Tom Cole
01-29-2008, 2:44 PM
After raster engraving red over white, I take a couple of pieces of packing tape (clear 3m) and place it across the entire piece and then press down hard and then lift the "dust" off the piece. sometimes have to do this twice and then use orange cleaner and water and a soft toothbrush to get the last little bit clean. Hope this works for you.....tom

Bill Cunningham
01-29-2008, 9:36 PM
Blue is also a very persistent colour.. Sometime worse than red!!