PDA

View Full Version : Saw cab update

Anthony Yakonick
03-03-2004, 7:42 PM
One more drawer to go and then drawer fronts, those $5.00 HD drawer slides are a bit tough to get right. I modified the plans for slides and a chute for dust collection.

Daniel Rabinovitz
03-05-2004, 11:47 AM
Anthony
Nice looking mobile bench for your saw.
It's coming along nicely.
I like the way that you have your location - it made me chuckle.
Daniel :cool:

Bill Spero
03-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Anthony, I just built these for a computer desk my wife bought (it was the middle of winter and my garage is not heated, for those of you who think it's uncontainable to buy a desk :) ). Any way these slides were 6 bucks at Lowes and they seem to have plenty any time I go.

Bill

Tony Falotico
03-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Looking good Anthony. I plan on mounting my saw this weekend and hope to have pic's posted early next week. Mine is very similar, I stuck with the 8 drawers, four on each side. It looks like you made deeper drawers, probably a great modification because I'm not sure how useful the shallow drawers will be.

Great looking project, enjoy your saw!

Anthony Yakonick
03-05-2004, 11:31 PM
Thanks folks, The deep drawer is for my blades I have a rack inside that holds them upright. As for the slides, they were the only 12" slides I found locally also I fit the last drawer tonight and made a spacer to align it and it's dead on so I'll redo the others.

Anthony