PDA

View Full Version : Undermount Full Extension Drawer Slides WITHOUT Softclose

Jim Kaczmark
01-28-2008, 12:00 AM
Hello,
I'm looking for slides to be used in a pantry or other locations in a Kitchen that has drawers behind doors. I'd like a slide without soft close to avoid the tendancy to have to wait for the slide to close before closing the doors (of the pantry, etc.) However, I'd also like full extension slides that are under-mount also. The Blum Tandem are great & will be used in the rest of the kitchen, but have soft close. The KV ball bearing side mounts come in full extension, but are not under mount. The Blum SOLO & other mfr. equivalents are under-mount, but are not full extension.

Basically what I'm looking for is a Blum Tandem slide with out the Blumotion or soft close features. Would hate to spend that amount of money for slides, and somehow "remove" the soft close hardware from the slide. (Has anyone done this though?)

Does anyone have any idea if such a slide exists?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Jim

Jim Kaczmark
01-28-2008, 12:16 AM
One more point... I could simply use the next smallest Tandem slide (Eg. the 18" instead of the 21", and recess the drawer slightly into the cabinet... usually the length of soft close travel (Tandem) is less than the extension loss (Solo) of the drawer slides, so there is a compromise, however, I'd be losing 3" of drawer depth in the process.

Jamie Buxton
01-28-2008, 12:38 AM
You can buy Blum Tandem slides with or without the Blumotion feature. Without the Blumotion feature, the slides close quite promptly. With, they close the last several inches rather slowly. www.wwhardware.com is one source of both versions of the Tandems.

Greg Funk
01-28-2008, 1:37 AM
The Blum tandem slides also come in a heavyweight version with a capacity of 110lbs vs 75lbs that might be worth considering if you are expecting heavier loads. Eliminating Blumotion should save about $6/pr.

Greg