PDA

View Full Version : Woodworker's Stress Test

Kent Cori
03-03-2004, 5:04 PM
Please read before clicking on the link below

This stress test was developed by some researchers at St. Mary's Hospital in London. In the picture reached through the link below there are two dolphins jumping out of the water in tandem. Research has shown that the more differences you notice in the two dolphins, the more stressed you are. This is attributed to the concentration and recognition influences intensifying when stressed.

The two are very similar, so if you can tell the difference without looking hard, you should immediately go out/down/up to your workshop and relieve your stress by butchering some wood.

Dolphin Stress Test - Look for the Dolphins

http://www.bblmedia.com/sports/stress.html

Dennis Peacock
03-03-2004, 6:29 PM
Please read before clicking on the link below

The two are very similar, so if you can tell the difference without looking hard, you should immediately go out/down/up to your workshop and relieve your stress by butchering some wood.

Dolphin Stress Test - Look for the Dolphins

http://www.bblmedia.com/sports/stress.html

OK....that's it.!!!!! I'm headed home and out to the shop.!!!!!!

Glenn Clabo
03-03-2004, 6:30 PM
Kent...This is utter nonsense! ;-)

Michael Perata
03-03-2004, 7:05 PM
What do you mean "utter nonsense". I just spent a relaxing couple of hours in the shop sharpening some planes and I see nothing wrong in the image of the two DOLPHINS.

Chris Padilla
03-03-2004, 7:08 PM
ha....

Since when is it "Get a coffee" as opposed to "Get some coffee" ??? Isn't coffee considered plural? What's the proper grammar here?

A buddy of mine in Seattle (the city where you can describe directions to anywhere by only citing Starbuck's coffee houses) speaks like the former.

Chris Padilla
03-03-2004, 7:09 PM

Clearly, you meant udder nonsense.... :)

John Miliunas
03-03-2004, 7:58 PM
Oh puleeeeeeze! Nonsense is right. For cryin' out loud! Those poor people at St. Mary's can't even tell the difference between two dolphins and the two killer whales in the picture! Sheeeesh! I'm going back out to the shop and play with some sharp tools. This is ridiculous. :cool:

Mark Stutz
03-03-2004, 9:21 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!I'll probably in the shop all night!

Mark Singer
03-03-2004, 10:30 PM
John,
Time for your stress reliever...I'm filling the tub...it won't be Glen Close this time...

John Miliunas
03-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Mark, gee thanks for that picture! :D

Glenn Clabo
03-04-2004, 6:53 PM
Actually no...but I did only see two cows.