PDA

View Full Version : Aligning DJ-15 Blades

Tom Grice
01-27-2008, 5:17 PM
I've finally broken down and admitted I needed to align my jointer - the quality of cut has been gradually slipping for the last several months.

So -I've got the beds aligned nicely, but I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to remove the jointer knives without inflicting permanent damage on the bolts.

I bought this jointer used, and downloaded the manual. It indicates that I should turn the three bolts on each blade clockwise to loosen them. Which makes no sense to me unless the bolts are reverse threaded.

So - I got out my metric and english wrench sets and nothing fit the bolts. A 10mm is the closest, but will round the corners on them if I push hard.

So - my rookie question is how do I loosen up the bolts so I can adjust the knives and what size of head do these bolts have? I'd bet I'm missing something really simple here.

Thanks!

glenn bradley
01-27-2008, 5:47 PM
I'm betting they mean clockwise from a different point of view. Facing the cutting edge (knife rotating toward you) of the knife you would turn the bolt head clockwise to loosen. If the manual does not specify the size I would call Delta. Their support website has degraded so seriously that after 5 attempts I got logged on but apparently the support site has never heard of a DJ 15 or any other jointer for that matter. Just call.