PDA

View Full Version : Gone Fly-Fishing GLOAT

Jim Stastny
03-03-2004, 4:24 PM
Well, I won’t regale you all with stories of how many fish I caught and released, nor tell you about the one that got away. Let me just say Monday was so beautiful I took some time, my fly-fishing gear, and headed out to one of my favorite spots, Big Hunting Creek. I had a great day on this historic stream. It lies at the foot of the mountain right beneath Camp David. In fact two U.S. Presidents, Eisenhower and Carter used to fish this creek. When I got there I found the water to be crystal clear and perfect for wading. After spending four good hours limbering up my fly rod and reacquainting myself with fly casting basics I went home to a bunch of honey-do project. Oh, BTW I did manage to catch and release one 14” rainbow trout. :cool:

Jason Tuinstra
03-03-2004, 7:45 PM
Jim, way to go!!! I'm glad to hear you had a good time. Nothing like a day away. We're still waiting for things to thaw in our neck of the woods. There's a guy in our church who owns a fishing store called, of all things, "The Reel Deal." I'm not much of a fisherman, but he keeps my belly full of as much Lake Pearch as I can handle. I better treat him right!

Now about that 14" fish story... the one that got away right? :D