PDA

View Full Version : Great Sharpener in Central Colorado

Pat Germain
01-27-2008, 1:39 PM
A coworker recently recommended a local sharpener. I gave him a try and was very impressed with the results. He sharpened my 40 tooth WWII for $15 and it cuts better than new. He also had it ready to go in a few days.

The shop is called "Rick's Edge" and it's just South of Platte in Colorado Springs. Since it's a little shop in a neighborhood where there's a mix of residential and small business locations, it can be a little hard to find. It's worth looking. The owner has been sharpening since the 70's and seems to really know his trade.

I'm not affiliated with Rick's Edge in any way nor do I get any benefit from recommending him. I just know it took me awhile to find a good sharpening source in central Colorado. My local Woodcraft ships all their sharpening work to some shop in Pueblo where the results are mixed.

I know there's at least a few Colorado Springs residents here on SMC and lot of people in Central Colorado come through Colorado Springs regularly. Might as well drop off your blades while your here. :)

Kent E. Matthew
01-27-2008, 4:37 PM
Which shop in Pueblo so I know to avoid them?

Pat Germain
01-27-2008, 6:40 PM
^^ Sorry, Kent. I don't know which specific shop Woodcraft uses. I just heard some of the Forrest blades sent there for sharpening came back less than satisfactory.

Christopher Pine
01-27-2008, 7:07 PM
Childers shaprening service is also excellent. I had very similiar experience as you. woodworker two sharpened perfectly and for $15. Is a family owned business too great people!