PDA

View Full Version : Must see if Texas

joe Katzenberger
01-27-2008, 1:24 PM
Hello
I am headed to Dallas in the morning and onto Lubbock Wednesday night. Are there any must visit wood workers' stores or machinery dealers that a hobbyist just can not miss?
Thanks
joe Katzenberger

Nancy Laird
01-27-2008, 1:55 PM
I don't know about Dallas, but member Tyler Wood lives near Lubbock and works there, and he will know about all the neat places. Just PM him and I'm sure he'll have a list for you.

And have a good trip.

Nancy

Butch Spears
01-27-2008, 4:22 PM
Joe, I was born and raised Lubbock, moved to Dallas 5 years ago, There is only one place to visit there it is on HW 1585 south of Lubbock and east of slide RD it is Acachia (sp) Hardwoods, they stock a few nice exotics as well as some great others oak,maple,etc. What are you going there for ? if I can ask, I know a lot of people there. Have a great trip. Great people and very friendly.

Tom Hamilton
01-27-2008, 4:39 PM
Joe, a visit to Dallas would not be complete without a stop at Dowd's Old Tools.

http://www.dowdstools.com/ Tracy and Lynn are fun, warm people and very knowledgable about old tools. And they usually two or three examples of most of them!

Enjoy the visit. Tom, in Houston, but lived in Dallas for 30 years.

joe Katzenberger
01-27-2008, 5:32 PM
I will be Texas on business. The company that allows me to visit all these neat places manufactures irrigation products used in the ag and the golf world.
Great opportunity to meet people and see the world but sure cuts into your down time with the spouse and the toys, I mean tools.
Thanks...joe K