PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the Jointech Smart Miter sled? Love mine!

Jack Diemer
03-03-2004, 3:51 PM
Three weeks ago, I bought a used Jointech Smart Miter Sled, and I can't say enough about this well designed miter sled. I honestly believe it makes me a better woodworker! Not sure how I lived without one in the past.

I especially love its measuring accuracy and repeatability. It also gives me increased capacity on my 30 inch table saw, and makes cutting angles a dream.

Anyone else out there love there's as much as I love mine?

Chris Padilla
03-03-2004, 4:00 PM
I have Incra's 5000 miter sled...it is wonderful.

Eric Porter
03-03-2004, 4:55 PM
Jack,
Did you buy your sled at a show? If so, how much was it?

I was considering purchasing the In-line Industries Dubby Sled for $180, and although Jointech's sled looks tempting, I am not sure it is worth the extra $80 or so.

Thanks,
Eric

Sam Chambers
03-03-2004, 5:35 PM
Jack,
I was considering purchasing the In-line Industries Dubby Sled for $180, and although Jointech's sled looks tempting, I am not sure it is worth the extra $80 or so.

Eric, it is cost effective when you consider that you need 2 Dubby jigs to do what one SmartMiter does.

Halsey MCCombs
03-03-2004, 5:58 PM
Sold my dubby and have the smartMiter now. Works great! Halsey

Jack Diemer
03-03-2004, 6:04 PM
Jack,
Did you buy your sled at a show? If so, how much was it?

Thanks,
Eric

Sort of, I bought it used from a guy locally met him at the woodworking show where I bought it for $100. In the past years, I too looked real hard at the dubby, but I know now that the power of the sled is the accuarcy of the measuring. The sled click into whatever measurement you are trying to lock into. Its like having 1000s of positive stops. Also, you can cut any angle at whatever length you need, simply by reading the measurements.

Dennis Peacock
03-03-2004, 6:32 PM
Jack,

I've had mine for about 2 years now. I don't know how I done some things in ww'ing without it now that I have it and trust it for repeat cuts and very accurate. Easy setup and truing and a wonderful sled. :D

Ken Salisbury
03-03-2004, 7:18 PM
I bought one last year and love it. I did a brief review of that purchase on my web site: Smart Miter Review (http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/smartmiter.htm)