PDA

View Full Version : Accura 12" sliding table saw

Mark Archer
01-27-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm looking for a 12" table saw with a slider. Has anyone owned or used an Accura? It looks like a lot of saw for the money, but finding a review has been difficult. I believe they are made in Taiwan and come in 5 hp single phase.

I'm new to Sawmill Creek and would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Jim Becker
01-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Mark, welcome to SMC!

I can't say that I've ever heard of that brand of saw. But there are plenty of folks, including myself, who own Euro sliders and I will tell you that I love mine!

Mark Archer
01-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Jim, thanks for the reply.
I have been looking at Felder, Hammer and Mini Max, all seem to be great, however, prices are 3 or 4 times higher than the Accura. The old saying , "you get what you pay for" is probably true here, but thought I would check it out.

Which Euro saw do you have?

Jim Becker
01-27-2008, 12:57 PM
MM S315WS (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=51276)...coming up on a year in a few days.

Paul B. Cresti
01-27-2008, 1:33 PM
I have owned two different MiniMax saws. Do not shop on price alone. Take your time and see what everyone has to offer and what features might be of interest of you. See if you could acutally get your hands on saws in use at other's shops. I have a whole bunch of postings here on this site related to using my saws. Good luck and take your time choosing