PDA

View Full Version : Lowes sawblade deals

Rick Potter
01-27-2008, 3:14 AM
I was at Lowes today, and they had a sidewalk clearance sale. Over in the corner were some sawblades, that had no special price on them. I asked the salesman, and he did some calculating. He finally came up with prices. I bought:

Irwin 10" blades...three in a package, one 60 tooth, two 40 tooth. I paid $7 for the set. Bought four sets.

Bosch 10" blades. They had 60 tooth, and 40 tooth, with teflon coating. I got them for $8 per blade. I bought five 60's and 4 40's, all they had.

All the Bosch were thin kerf, and I think the Irwins are too, but I haven't opened the package yet. They are all made in China, so are not top of the line, but great for remodelling and cutting particle board. Some are for me, some for my rich buddy, and some for Christmas presents.

The moral of this story is that at Lowes sidewalk sales they are open to offers, and have a minimum price they will take, which is not the price on the package, even though it already may say 'clearance price'.

Oh yeah, they also had a lot of gun nails, and brads. I bought a couple packages of $17 brads for $5. Going back tomorrow.

Rick Potter

Rich Engelhardt
01-27-2008, 7:22 AM
Hello Rick,

I bought a couple packages of $17 brads for $5. Going back tomorrow.
I bought some from Lowes on closeout also ("generic" green and white box).
I ended up tossing them out. They had a slight film of rust on them, but it was enough to cause them to jam.

You might want to check out the ones you already have before getting more.

Greg Just
01-27-2008, 9:02 AM
I have picked up saw blades on clearance before and you can get some really good deals. It's hardly worth gettng blades sharpened.

Matt Meiser
01-27-2008, 9:09 AM
So not only did you get a great deal on some blades, but its warm enough there for a sidewalk sale? The only thing I saw on the sidewalk last night at our Lowes was the salt they threw out to combat the falling snow!

Jim O'Dell
01-27-2008, 9:18 AM
No sidewalk sales here. But as stated in another thread, I did skate away with a great deal on a Hitachi SCMS! ;) Jim.

Rick Potter
01-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Well, it is raining this weekend. I knew it would because I have a room addition with a tarp over it. It wasn't raining when I bought them though. Most of the stuff is under their portico anyway.

Rich...I checked the brads first...no rust.

Rick Potter

glenn bradley
01-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Well done and I can't emphasize to folks enough; ask, they can only say no. At Lowe's and HD clearance deals, I've made off with some great stuff for cheap.

Bruce Wrenn
01-28-2008, 9:58 PM
Local Lowes here have sidewalk sale inside, in the middle of the store. Today, they had Delta 7657 for $19.99, in Tool World.

Bill Huber
01-28-2008, 10:10 PM
That is a great deal...

I just wish that the Lowes and HD would have deals like that around here. Every time I see something like this I go check it out and noting.

I guess I am just going to have to move........ no I don't think so... don't like the snow and cold weather.

Victor Stearns
01-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Nothing Sweeter than getting a deal on blades.
I noticed one time in the local Lowes that they almost always put the cleareance items, tool world of course, in front of the tool shelves, or in one back corner of the tool section. This is now my first place I go whenever I go to Lowes. These back shelve deals have worked out great.
Victor