PDA

View Full Version : Rambo rocks!!!!!!!

Michael Gibbons
01-27-2008, 1:59 AM
Let the bodies hit the floor!!! I was a Rambo fan from the first time I saw First Blood. I will admit that I have seen a lot in my few short years so I'm sort of desensitized to everything I saw in the movie. I was actually laughing at a few parts-some might call me deranged,but thats A.O.K. For sheer body count, this pretty much tops them all and all of them are up close and personal. A must see-FIVE STARS.

Keith Starosta
01-27-2008, 9:00 AM
I gotta say, from the first time I saw the trailer for this 4th installment of Rambo, I was intrigued. One reviewer I was listening to said he made the count...267 kills...83 by Rambo himself. Most of it gratuitous, which is expected in a Rambo flick. I'm hoping to see it next weekend. :D

- Keith

David G Baker
01-27-2008, 10:54 AM
I'll wait for the DVD.

Gary Keedwell
01-27-2008, 12:04 PM
I'll wait for the DVD.
I heard it is an AARP favorite.:D

Gary

Craig D Peltier
01-27-2008, 1:49 PM
USA today gave it one star out of 4. Thats doesnt mean I wont like it.:D

David G Baker
01-27-2008, 2:34 PM
The cast of Nip & Tuck gave the movie 5 chins up. :p

Tom Veatch
01-27-2008, 2:36 PM
Let the bodies hit the floor!!! ...I'm sort of desensitized ....A must see-FIVE STARS.

Well, in my not so short years, I've seen far more than enough actual martial violence where, when the "bodies hit the floor", the actors didn't get up and go home when the shooting stopped. Rather, it was police up the pieces and stuff them in body bags.

Gives me absolutely no pleasure to watch wannabes fantasize at and glorify something that still induces nightmares in many of those who actually endured the experience. Deranged? Possibly. I've never seen more than trailers for any of the Rambo fantasies and have no intention to see more than that. Thanks, but no thanks.

Gary Keedwell
01-27-2008, 2:51 PM
As a person who also has seen alot of blood and guts ( Infantry combat medic) I love good war movies. From Braveheart to WWll flicks, if the action is real looking and logical, I'll watch every minute. What gets my blood pressure up is when these guys are killing dozens of the enemy but seem to have some kind of invisible shield protecting them from bullets and shrapnel.:(

Gary

Michael Gibbons
01-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Maybe I have a twisted preconceived notion about what Green Berets are capable of due to what I've read and seen in the movies. Like Col. Trautman said " Rambo was the best". I can't recall that he went through all the movies and never got a scratch-In First Blood got hit with a nightstick in the jailcell then had to sew himself up after he jumped from the cliff. In Rambo First Blood part II, He was burnt on the face with a red hot knife then electrocuted on a electrified bedspring after being pulled from a sewage hole and having leeches scraped from his body. Rambo III he was impailed with a peice of wood that he pulled out and then cauterized himself then later knocked himself silly by running the tank he was driving into a helicopter. In Rambo, it looks like he injured his shoulder right near the end of the movie. Is it possible that Hollywood made him invincable? Sure, but thats what America wants-action. Every year the stakes get higher-we have to see more and better than we did before. We quickly get numb to what we see over time. If you happened to take this movie and played it in place of First Blood some 20 or so years ago, people would have been in a psyhc ward. The movie ratings people would have made it R/X rated meaning you'd have to take something like Valium after watching it.:eek:

Tim Wagner
01-28-2008, 12:39 AM
I heard it is an AARP favorite.:D

Gary

ROTFLMAO. :D:D

Mark Rios
01-28-2008, 11:35 AM
RAMBO ROCKS??????

....Only in a rocking chair.

Michael Gibbons
01-30-2008, 1:53 AM
RAMBO ROCKS??????

....Only in a rocking chair. I hope I'm in that kinda shape and be able to move that fast when I'm 61.

David G Baker
01-30-2008, 10:27 AM
Michael,
I will be 64 next month, you should see how fast I can move with my walker. :D

Michael Gibbons
01-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Michael,
I will be 64 next month, you should see how fast I can move with my walker. :D Does it got a .50 cal mounted on it?:D

David G Baker
01-30-2008, 2:06 PM
Michael,
Law Rocket launcher and the 10,000 rounds per minute machine gun. Watch out Rambo, here I come, walker, dribble cup and all. :D :D

Tim Wagner
01-31-2008, 12:43 AM
dribble cup and all

I told you not to mention the liquid explosives:mad: didn't I? :D:D:D

Michael Gibbons
01-31-2008, 8:19 AM
Boy, you guys are brutal. O.K. I give. Whats up? Don't you guys like sequels, or is it Stallones age? Nobody here wanted to see Star Wars Episode I when it came out 15 or so years after Episode 6 ? How about the upcoming Indiana Jones that will be out in May? Is Harrison Ford too over-the-hill for an action movie? Thats been about twenty years for him. How about Chuck Norris? He'll kick everybodys butt. I'm an action- blood and guts- sci-fi guy. I'll watch a comedy but only if it's someone I like. Did you ever see anyone pace while sitting on a couch? That's what happens while I'm waiting to get the tv when my wife is watchiing a romantic/comedy movie. Sometimes it gets so bad that I go to the basement and sniff Titebond II.