PDA

View Full Version : MM 16 Christened!

FRITZ STOOP
01-27-2008, 1:20 AM
Had a milling project for a finish carpenter with no shop machines. He needed various thickness and length pieces of red oak for a mantle (three) project.
I have not received my carbide blade from Suffolk as yet, so I went with the 1" steel model provided by MM with the saw. The stock was all 8/4 and 9+" wide.
What a great start to a wonderful relationship. And thanks again for the advice that steered me to MM!:eek:

John Bailey
01-27-2008, 8:43 AM
Congrats on the MM. By all accounts that's a sweet machine.

John

Butch Spears
01-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Congrats on the MM I have had a new one setting in my garage for a year, grease still on it,3 new blades ordered from suffolk at same time, I got it cleaned up yesterday, new dedicated circuit run to it. I will tune it today. as all have said manual not very good. I picked it up from Sam at MM a year ago, he told me how to tune it, But getting old and memory goes. Can someone get me the short course on set up tips ? I know I have the bandsaw books on how to, but there are always different ways and tricks. Thanks for the help.

FRITZ STOOP
01-27-2008, 2:43 PM
Butch,
I did the set up using the so-called manual, but the MM16 arrived nearly set up. I'll scan mine if you'd like and send it 2 u.

If you can, go to Minimax-USA Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/. Just type in "Minimax" in the group search box and off you go. MM16 set up was recently a topic and there was some very good info there. Join and get to know these folks. It is MM specific and full of great stuff.

Of course SMC is bursting with MM tricks too. You get that baby going and you'll soon kick yourself for the wait.

Good luck and thanks.

Butch Spears
01-27-2008, 4:10 PM
Thanks if you don't mind would you scan and send. I will send you a pm with me email. Thanks

Tom Court
01-28-2008, 8:37 PM
Butch,

There's a short video on setting up the MM16 on the Minimax website (in their video Library), here's the direct link:

http://www.minimax-usa.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40#bandsaw

Hope this helps.

Tom.

Butch Spears
01-29-2008, 6:31 PM
Tom Thanks and Thanks to Fritz for the manual.

Dan Mages
01-29-2008, 6:44 PM
This thread is useless without pics :D