PDA

View Full Version : West coast storm warning

Rob Littleton
03-03-2004, 2:56 PM
With all the news on TV lately about the sub zero weather and snow that the east coast and upstate NY areas are experiencing, we shouldn't forget that Southern California has it's share of devastating weather also. There is a photo attached illustrating the excessive damage caused to a home from a west coast storm that passed through the Los Angeles area a couple of days ago. It really makes you cherish what you have, and reminds us not to take life for granted!!!

Tyler Howell
03-03-2004, 3:07 PM
Ohh My! LMAO

Paul Downes
03-03-2004, 3:11 PM
Wow, I'm suprised it didn't blow the colour out of them flowers. :D

Jim Stastny
03-03-2004, 4:28 PM
Will there be a memorial service for the chair????

Chris Padilla
03-03-2004, 6:53 PM
Wow...just keeled right over, eh? Sometimes those things are only good for one, maybe two good rainstorms.

Michael Perata
03-03-2004, 7:08 PM
With all the news on TV lately about the sub zero weather and snow that the east coast and upstate NY areas are experiencing, we shouldn't forget that Southern California has it's share of devastating weather also. There is a photo attached illustrating the excessive damage caused to a home from a west coast storm that passed through the Los Angeles area a couple of days ago. It really makes you cherish what you have, and reminds us not to take life for granted!!!

If you think that is bad, I had a garden table umbrella blow over during the same storm. And when I walked on my lawn to get the paper, my shoes got wet. Sometimes it is real hard living in San Jose.

Chris Padilla
03-03-2004, 7:10 PM
If I leave my car parked outside...I actually have to turn ON the windshield wipers to remove the dew...not even real rain...sometimes....

Rob Littleton
03-03-2004, 10:27 PM
If I leave my car parked outside...I actually have to turn ON the windshield wipers to remove the dew...not even real rain...sometimes....

Chris, you break my heart.......I really feel for you bud.

At the end of March, this place is sold and I am off to Arizona to get my seasons...........

Yeah, San Jose weather is wonderful, but............(I have a list of reasons to be leaving)..

John Miliunas
03-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I *really* feel for you CA guys! :p This is our place about 3-4 weeks ago:

Boyd Gathwright
03-03-2004, 11:46 PM
Here is what snow looked like at our place.:cool:

Mark Singer
03-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Tyler, John it was terrible I had to turn the sprinlers off so the Hibiscus didn't get over watered and my poor Acacia flowers were droping from the weight of the water....LOML couldn't have the car washed the place was closed and I had to put the top on the Jeep....it was very serious:D

Pat Salter
03-04-2004, 12:45 AM
I don't mind the rain, and I don't mind the wind. It's this business of having to wear a jacket EVERY day is really depressing me! And I haven't been able to wear my shorts for at least TWO MONTHS! Man, if I could speak spanish I would move further south.

woe is me

Tyler Howell
03-04-2004, 6:15 AM
Yeah, I *really* feel for you CA guys! :p This is our place about 3-4 weeks ago:

Alright John.

That's what a home should look like.
I Think we need a House Tour;)

Tyler Howell
03-04-2004, 6:16 AM
Here is what snow looked like at our place.:cool:

Yes Boyd. Now thats winter:cool:

John Miliunas
03-04-2004, 7:54 AM
Alright John.

That's what a home should look like.
I Think we need a House Tour;)

You *really* don't want a house tour as it sits today. Trust me on this one! I will, however, probably put up some progress before/after pics as things start to move forward. We're still collecting fixtures, lights, etc., for the areas needing work. LOTS o'work, but I'm sure some of it will be fun. :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
03-04-2004, 10:20 AM
And that new California governor didn't even declare the county a "Disaster Area" and apply for Federal funds to replace the chair! ;) ;) ;)

Chris Padilla
03-04-2004, 10:39 AM
Okay funny people....

This is more what I like and believe it or not, I am jealous of you guys with that lovely white fluffy stuff on the ground!

However, my wife is in love with the weather in California and I don't see us moving back to my beloved Colorado any time soon. :(

The pic below is from my folk's house in Broomfield, Colorado...where I grew up. I guess it was taken nearly a year ago...Wow! :)

Tyler Howell
03-04-2004, 10:52 AM
There was something I liked about you Chris......Your parents home.LOL

Boyd Gathwright
03-04-2004, 6:36 PM
Tyler, you're just homesick for a little snow and Chris your parents just got a little precipitation. Here's what it has looked like around our place.

Boyd :p

There was something I liked about you Chris......Your parents home.LOL

Keith Outten
03-04-2004, 8:35 PM
Well let's see...it was in the high 70's here in Virginia today. A beautiful sunny day and most of the construction workers on the job I'm workin at were in T-shirts and sweatin.

You folks on the shaky side can have your nice year round weather, I can't see living anywhere where the ground isn't stable.

Those of you who live in the cold country where you have ten months of winter and two months of bad skiing have your own cross to bare.

Here in Virginia we have four beautiful seasons every year and enjoy being historically significant :) Ya'll can thank us anytime for beaten back the redcoats a few years ago and founding this great country you so enjoy :)

I will say that I've heard when God does take a vacation and leaves Virginia once every millennium he does stop by and visit the Rocky Mountains so it must be real nice up there.

I'm not going to attach any pictures to this message as I know they teach history in most schools so you have all seen plenty of photographs of Virginia. Look on your maps if you have one, I live just across the York River from Cornwallis Cave in Yorktown. If you don't know who General Cornwallis was you might want to revisit those schools in your area.

LOL...Thanks for the short pictorial vacation :)

Michael Perata
03-04-2004, 9:37 PM
You folks on the shaky side can have your nice year round weather, I can't see living anywhere where the ground isn't stable. :)

Keith

Last hurricane in California was in NEVER!!!!! :p

Earthquakes last at most 40 seconds and get rid of all those old dishes your wife's grandmother gave her.

Jim Becker
03-04-2004, 9:47 PM
You *really* don't want a house tour as it sits today. Trust me on this one! I will, however, probably put up some progress before/after pics as things start to move forward.

Whenever it is...we DO want a tour. That's a great looking house, John! And while you have work you want to do, it sure looks like a great property to be working with!

Jim Becker
03-04-2004, 9:50 PM
The pic below is from my folk's house in Broomfield, Colorado...where I grew up. I guess it was taken nearly a year ago...

I remember that storm, Chris. I wasn't out there that week, but remember all of my peers in Highlands Ranch having to work from home for several days. (Not a problem with our technology, fortunately) Most of them were really grumbling when I sent them a picture of the Kubota but wouldn't bring it out to Colorado! :D

Keith Outten
03-04-2004, 10:12 PM
Michael,

I'm gonna have to give you the points on the hurricane, I still have a tree down in my yard that I need to knaw with my chainsaw from a visit we received from Isabel and three roofs to repair. The only good thing about our hurricanes is that we know way ahead of time when they are coming and we can run like heck and be way out of town when the winds blow :)

Michael Perata
03-05-2004, 1:54 PM
Michael,we can run like heck and be way out of town when the winds blow :)
Keith

The '89 quake was the bestest "E" ticket ride I had since getting shot off my carrier riding in a C-1.

Christopher Stahl
03-05-2004, 2:29 PM
I just moved back to Pennsylvania in August after about a 3 1/2 year run in Northern California. I lived in Foster City. As much as I did love it out there, I really missed the seasons, especially fall. Doesn't hurt that I enjoy waking up in the mornings to see everything covered in some light fluffy snow.

Someday I may get tired of it here and move west again, but I think I'll stay here for a bit.

chris

Chris Padilla
03-05-2004, 4:06 PM
Keith, we need points for low-ER humidity, too. I once spent the entire month of August in 1990 driving a van around Virginia. I think I was sweaty for the entire month.... :D

John Miliunas
03-05-2004, 5:00 PM
Keith, we need points for low-ER humidity, too. I once spent the entire month of August in 1990 driving a van around Virginia. I think I was sweaty for the entire month.... :D

You wanna' talk "humidity". Know the old "rule" in WW about building something loose in the Winter and tight in the Summer? Our humidity swings are so high around here, we don't even bother planing stuff we build in the Summer! :D :cool:

Michael Perata
03-05-2004, 5:17 PM
Someday I may get tired of it here and move west again, but I think I'll stay here for a bit.

chris
Chris

Hurry back, but pick a place next time with character and not a place built on crushed sea shells. At least San Jose has history. Foster City: I used to run my motorcycles out there until they filled in the bay floor.