PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone surprise

Jamie Buxton
01-26-2008, 3:40 PM
Say, just say, that you fail to replace the chip collection bin under your cyclone, and you operate the cyclone in that state. What would you think would happen? Maybe all the chips fall in a big pile on the floor? Or maybe the system doesn't suck any chips away from the machines? No, and no. It turns out that the system still sucks very well, and no chips land on the floor below the cyclone. The chips all fly right through the cyclone and collect on the filter. DAMHIKT.:o

Ken Fitzgerald
01-26-2008, 3:54 PM
Yup.....that explains why the owner's manual for my system recommends not trying the system until everything is installed..including the barrel!

Jim O'Dell
01-26-2008, 4:42 PM
And why air leaks at the chip barrel creates problems for the filters!!! I'm lucky, I don't use filters on my cyclone. :D Jim.

Jim Becker
01-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Umm...yea...no fun cleaning out "impacted" filters...DAMHIKT!

Mike Cutler
01-27-2008, 8:41 AM
Say, just say, that you fail to replace the chip collection bin under your cyclone, and you operate the cyclone in that state. What would you think would happen? Maybe all the chips fall in a big pile on the floor? Or maybe the system doesn't suck any chips away from the machines? No, and no. It turns out that the system still sucks very well, and no chips land on the floor below the cyclone. The chips all fly right through the cyclone and collect on the filter. DAMHIKT.:o

Ohhh... That had to uhh, suck. And not in a good way.

I'm sorry Jamie, but I laughed at your mishap. I'm sure the gods of woodworking will get even with me though.:eek:,;)