PDA

View Full Version : Incra LS Super System

Steve Sowden
01-26-2008, 1:35 PM
I have been using and Incra Ultra system for 10 years or so and love it. I am thinking about upgrading to the LS Super system which includes the Wonder Fence. Anybody out there using one of these? Does the dust collection work well?

Appreciate any input.

Steve

Joe Spear
01-26-2008, 1:52 PM
I've had the Incra router fence with a Wonder Fence for about four years. The dust does get extracted pretty well from the port at the end of the fence. It does keep the table fairly clean. I also have my router boxed in under the table with a 4" dust collector hose sucking from the back-bottom of the box. I think for best results you do need the underside collection as well as the fence collection. The fence port is 2" or 2 1/2", so I hook on a vacuum cleaner hose and use an adapter to connect that hose to a 4" Y fitting, with the under-table hose connected to the other arm of the Y.

Every once in a while I forget to turn on the dust collector. That shows me how fast the chips build up with no collection and how well the dust collection really does work.

Dick Bringhurst
01-26-2008, 2:05 PM
I have a setup similar to Joe's. The results are about the same except when using a panel raising bit. The panel bit would sometimes creat long splinters/chips and they would hang up in the port. Smaller/thiner cuts would probably stop this problem. I like the unit. Would buy again. Dick B.

Steve Sowden
01-26-2008, 2:06 PM
Thanks Joe. I also have a 4" port going to my DC from below my boxed in router table. I have been using the thin attachment from my Fein shop vac that I place under the Incra at the back of the fence cutout and hold it in place with a bungee cord. Actually works decently but it is crude.

I have been lusting after the LS system not only for dust collection but the wonder fence seems like a good idea and the new micro adjusting system looks much better than the old one. My micro adjuster has a ton of backlash so making fine adjustments require that you "preload" in the direction you want to go before making the adjustment. Kind of a pain.

Jim O'Dell
01-26-2008, 2:55 PM
I'm actually a little disappointed in the collection on the LS system. Mine leaves quite a bit of wood chips on top of the table. I use my big Ridgid shop vac on the fence, and the cyclone 6" hookup only to the router box (it stays perfectly clean). On mine, it seems that the router bit slings the wood chips away from the opening toward the outfeed side of the table. Jim

Keith Cope
01-26-2008, 3:31 PM
I've had pretty good luck with mine catching most of the dust and chips, using a big shop vac--could be better, but does well enough that I would recommend it!