PDA

View Full Version : letter template

robert micley
01-26-2008, 7:35 AM
i have seen templates to engave letters into wood.anyone know of any templates to actually make letters and numbers.i have seen templates to make dovetails and circles and stars.thank you

Keith Starosta
01-26-2008, 8:07 AM
Robert, are you talking about a template to use in case where you'd like to inlay the letters/numbers? Boy, I sure wish I could help you, because I need the exact same thing for a child's step stool project.

Anyone, help please? :rolleyes:

- Keith

robert micley
01-26-2008, 8:37 AM
i would like to use it for inlays and lso if i want to pin nail the letters or numbers on some projects.

Jim Podsedly
01-26-2008, 8:47 AM
Keith,

I had to take these stools to a sign maker. Cost $50 for both to be done. At that rate i will go broke making more of them. So i would be interested in a router template as well.

Jim

Robert, are you talking about a template to use in case where you'd like to inlay the letters/numbers? Boy, I sure wish I could help you, because I need the exact same thing for a child's step stool project.

Anyone, help please? :rolleyes:

- Keith

Keith Outten
01-26-2008, 8:53 AM
Visit the Laser Engraving and CNC list here. Anyone who owns a laser engraver or CNC router can make templates suitable for routing and matching templates for inlays. No doubt one of them would be interested in making a complete set of numbers and letters if asked.

I cut a couple hundred 7" tall letters from Trupan this week for a job at CNU and threw away the female cuts that were left on the table which could have been used for hand routing I guess. No doubt others are doing the same. There is a huge amount of talent and equipment here and there should be more networking to share resources than it is currently.

"USE THE FORCE LUKE"

Joe Petersen
01-26-2008, 3:34 PM
I have been looking for a way to make letters for my sign casting needs and haven't found any easier way than cutting the letters out with a scroll saw. Fortunately for me I can make one set from wood and cast for the rest of my needs. This wouldn't work for inlays though.

James Sweeney
02-13-2008, 9:33 AM
Don't know if this is what you are looking for, but Rockler sells this one. For making letters. Made by turnlock, I have bought their circle cutting jig, and like it a lot.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=11139&filter=router%20jig