PDA

View Full Version : MyShop

Robert foster
01-25-2008, 11:08 PM
If this works these are pictures of my shop. I'm just getting started in woodworking again and spend most of my time and money getting it ready to build stuff in. I have opted to build my shop around Steel City tools. I have their TS, Jointer, Dust collector, Bandsaw and Drumsander. I'm pretty well pleased with them all. I also have some Delta tools and some Performax tools too. I have been pleasantly suprised with the Performax tools performance. So far so good. I hope the pictures work.

Bob

Matt Campbell
01-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Robert, have you thought about buying a table saw?

;)

Robert foster
01-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Here are two more

Robert foster
01-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Got two, a SC and a Delta. They are in the pix.

Matt Campbell
01-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Got two, a SC and a Delta. They are in the pix.

Sarcasm. ;)

Nice shop by the way. It seems like one where you could stay focused on woodworking and not be distracted.

Matt Schell
01-25-2008, 11:31 PM
very cool shop. is it a garage, seperate building, basement?

Robert foster
01-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Matt:
I wondered in it was but you never know. So far I am only using the Delta for an outfeed table. I bought it a few years ago when Lowes was clearing them out for about 1/2 price. I had a very shall shop then in McAllen, TX but when I got the basement covered I got a shop that is 24 by 56. I have a temporary dividing wall right now so I don't have to heat what I'm using to store my truck and lawn tractors.
Bob

Bruce Page
01-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Robert, nice shop. The red stools add a nice contrast to the Steel City grey. :cool::rolleyes:
Is that a granite top on the table saw?

Robert foster
01-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Matt:

It is a basement foundation that the guy I bought the land from was going to put a double-wide trailer on about 25 years ago. He never got around to doing that. It has been uncovered all that time. We bought the property 2 years ago and put a new modular home on it. We couldn't use the basement because it was too small. We placed our house where the old original 1880's house was and last July I got a roof put on the basement. It is open to the south with a 16' garage door and a 3' walkin door. The shop is 4' in front of the house so the roof has a low pitch so it won't interfere with the "view". It is close enough to the house and yet far enough to be a good spouse avoidance area.
Bob

Robert foster
01-25-2008, 11:49 PM
No Bruce it is just cast iron. I bought it at the Woodsmith store in DSM and they didn't have any of the granite then.

Ted Jay
01-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Matt:
I wondered in it was but you never know. So far I am only using the Delta for an outfeed table. I bought it a few years ago when Lowes was clearing them out for about 1/2 price. I had a very shall shop then in McAllen, TX but when I got the basement covered I got a shop that is 24 by 56. I have a temporary dividing wall right now so I don't have to heat what I'm using to store my truck and lawn tractors.
Bob

Man, moving from McAllen, TX to Corning, IA.... :eek:from one extreme to another, what a shock to the system. Did you have to rethink all about wood movement when planning out new projects?
Good sized shop you got there.
Ted

Chris Bruno
01-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Love the home made air cleaner!

The deck chair pads under the bench remind me of that Seinfeld episode where George has the bed built under his desk..

Looks good! Now you've got to show us what you're making in it. :-)

-Chris

Daniel Shnitka
01-26-2008, 1:28 AM
Inspirational!

Al Barale
01-26-2008, 2:09 AM
Nice workshop Bob, Thanks for sharing the Pics.

gary Zimmel
01-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Robert

Nice shop. Looks like your set up to do pretty much anything.

What on the agenda for projects?

Robert foster
01-26-2008, 1:02 PM
Rght now the projects are pretty simple. Mostly quick and dirty shop stuff. I did build the small tool cabinet on the wall. Pretty crude but I learned how to make stub tenon and groove joints for the doors. I built a couple of wren houses this morning. Again I'm just learning and don't have any hardwood yet.
I have all my tools on wheels because I haven't decided how I want it arranged.

Thanks for looking at my shop.

Bob

Dennis Hatchett
01-26-2008, 3:26 PM
Really nice shop Robert. I'm guessing you're a delta fan. Is this a retirement shop where you bought most of your tools at one time, or did you piece this together over many years?