PDA

View Full Version : my wife calls it woodorking....

Justin Grow
01-25-2008, 9:05 PM
Any funny things your spouses call your obsession / hobby / career?

Fred Voorhees
01-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Well, my wife doesn't have a particular name for myself, my hobby or my freinds, but I beleive Jim Beckers wife calls us "woodies".

Matt Campbell
01-25-2008, 11:02 PM
She implies quite often that my woodworking is my mistress. :rolleyes: Doesn't she realize that it's all about and for her? :D

Jason Beam
01-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Several women in the local woodworking club call themselves WoodWiddows.

Matt Campbell
01-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Anybody ever call you Jim? :D

Jason Beam
01-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Never. I don't get it.:confused:

And who's this guy people call Scottie? :confused:

:rolleyes:

Kevin French
01-26-2008, 7:23 AM
Any funny things your spouses call your obsession / hobby / career?

Time away from HER.

Keith Starosta
01-26-2008, 7:53 AM
Time away from HER.

BINGO!!! **dingdingdingding** We have a winner :D

- Keith

Michael Gibbons
01-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Never. I don't get it.:confused:

And who's this guy people call Scottie? :confused:

:rolleyes: You know-Scottie-Mr Montgomery Scott,Chief engineer on the USS Enterprise. Any time estimate he gave for fixing something was always divisable by 2. My wife always says "when are you going to finish my table? My answer is when you give money so I can get the new( insert tool or gadget name here) that I need.

Jim Becker
01-28-2008, 9:16 PM
She implies quite often that my woodworking is my mistress.

Not here...Marri Ott fills that need. :D

Professor Dr. SWMBO doesn't have a label for my woodworking avocation. It's just "the shop". And yes, most of what I make is/will be enjoyed by her...

What was good today was that Older-Jr-SWMBO (age 12) was expressing her appreciation of all the furniture and cabinetry I've been making for what she calls "the new rooms" (our addition). She's finally beginning to get a mental handle on what comes from the time I spend in the shop.

Rich Stewart
01-30-2008, 10:23 PM
Didn't we all get in toruble over a thread like this? LMBO!

Jim O'Dell
01-30-2008, 10:26 PM
Not here...Marri Ott fills that need. :D

Professor Dr. SWMBO doesn't have a label for my woodworking avocation. It's just "the shop". And yes, most of what I make is/will be enjoyed by her...

What was good today was that Older-Jr-SWMBO (age 12) was expressing her appreciation of all the furniture and cabinetry I've been making for what she calls "the new rooms" (our addition). She's finally beginning to get a mental handle on what comes from the time I spend in the shop.

Now that is COOL......... Dad! ;) Jim.