PDA

View Full Version : Money makers?

richard poitras
01-25-2008, 4:54 PM
Money makers?
The question or responses I am looking for is what projects or products you are currently making or have in the past, seem to make the most money for you in regards to revenue (profit)coming into your pocket ? (tables and chairs, rockers, kitchen cabinets, bed room furniture, boxes, entertainment centers, and so on)I know some of you are more hobbyist and some are more on the professional side so there is a broad span of items we could be talking about, just looking to see what everybody is doing out there in regards to wood working and how they are doing and if they are making any money at it.:).

Al Killian
01-25-2008, 9:10 PM
Moulding.;) I have a woodmaster that I put boards in and money comes out the other end.:D As far as projects scrollsaw windchimes are my best seller.

Dan Barr
01-25-2008, 9:21 PM
I havent made and or sold each of these, but ive had people ask me about these the most.

cabinets
Desks
coffee tables
Beds
tables and chairs

I'm currently building a desk with a return and a hutch for a client.

v/r

dan

Dennis Montgomery
01-25-2008, 9:30 PM
Built-in casework. I do it for a living. Customers can't buy built-in casework at the local furniture store, so they don't develop a price mindset and are more willing to pay an appropriate amount for my time and effort. I built my core business in custom closets, pantries, laundry rooms, home offices, and garage storage cabinets. However, I occasionaly get commercial jobs and one or two kitchens each year.