PDA

View Full Version : Experience with a Delta 2hp cabinet saw (not unisaw)

Mike Zozakiewicz
01-25-2008, 2:00 PM
I have a chance to purchase a used delta left tilt 2hp cabinet saw, that is not a unisaw. Didn't know there was such an animal.

Anyone have experience with this saw?

Thanks,

Mike

David Duke
01-25-2008, 2:07 PM
I have the right tilt of the same saw and it as performed very well for me. What I really like about mine however is it has the 52" Unifence and to me the fence and sharp blades are what make the saw. I have never had a problem with lack of power with the 2hp.

Matt Meiser
01-25-2008, 2:43 PM
There is a Delta Tilting Arbor Saw that requires a special arbor for use with a Dado set. Do you know the model of the one you are looking at?

Lance Norris
01-25-2008, 4:22 PM
There is a Delta Tilting Arbor Saw that requires a special arbor for use with a Dado set. Do you know the model of the one you are looking at?

The saw Matt refers to is a 3 hp saw and was never a left tilt. 36-731 W/Unifence. I have this saw and you can use up to 3/4" of dado with the stock arbor. No need to change the arbor. I have the arbor kit, because I wanted the dado insert, and the arbor they send is 3/4" longer than the stock arbor. I dont think I will ever need 1 1/2" of dado.

Matt Meiser
01-25-2008, 5:00 PM
Thanks--didn't know any details on it other than that it existed and wasn't called a Unisaw.

Steve Mellott
01-25-2008, 8:34 PM
I have had the Delta 2HP tilting arbor saw (right tilt) for approximately 15 years. I've equipped it with an Incra fence and it meets all my hobby needs. When I cut 8/4 hard wood, it occasionally bogs down, but I just slow the speed and then it works OK. If it burns when cutting 8/4 hard wood, I cut the piece about 1/8" wide and then take a final cut. Let me know if you have any questions.

Steve