PDA

View Full Version : Wine bottle stands

Darren Null
01-25-2008, 1:21 PM
I have to confess; I haven't hit the gold spot for designing.
http://laser-etching.com/moo.zip
Interesting challenge though.

Mike DeRegnaucourt
01-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Hi Darren,

Do you have a picure of the finished product? I was looking at the CorelDraw file but couldn't quite figure out how the pieces fit together and what the final piece looks like.

Frank Corker
01-26-2008, 7:18 AM
I have to admit I too was wondering about how it was going to look finished. I assumed it was like a back prop that the bottle rests against.

Darren Null
02-01-2008, 9:46 AM
I cant remember where I was up to when I posted the file. As a rule of thumb, the long bit supports the axis of the bottle.
Mark 1 works after a fashion, but is wasteful.
Mark 2...forget it...it was meant to grip the bottom of the bottle, but it turns out that nobody makes round bottles anymore- theyre all slapped together in 2 halves.
Mark 3- works AND has a bit in front to pimp the particular wine you-re displaying
Mark 4- wobbly as hell, but cheap
Mark 5- same as mark 4 but with a cross-bracing strut in the front.

Assembly instructions: Slot the 2 main bits together, and slide the other bits down from the top until it works.

Kevin Rembach
02-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Darren,

What version of Corel are you using. I have version 12 and am unable to open the file.

Thank You,

Kevin

Darren Null
02-14-2008, 3:53 PM
Sorry, they're in X3 format & I'm in an internet cafe

James Wright
03-12-2008, 12:28 PM
I cant remember where I was up to when I posted the file. As a rule of thumb, the long bit supports the axis of the bottle.
Mark 1 works after a fashion, but is wasteful.
Mark 2...forget it...it was meant to grip the bottom of the bottle, but it turns out that nobody makes round bottles anymore- theyre all slapped together in 2 halves.
Mark 3- works AND has a bit in front to pimp the particular wine you-re displaying
Mark 4- wobbly as hell, but cheap
Mark 5- same as mark 4 but with a cross-bracing strut in the front.

Assembly instructions: Slot the 2 main bits together, and slide the other bits down from the top until it works.

Do you have a finished .jpeg of your wine bottle holder to show ? and maybe a .cdr?