PDA

View Full Version : Hello again and another Q, bandsaw speed?

Tony Kent
01-25-2008, 5:06 AM
Hello all, (sorry so long...i do tend to babble and you folks are the only peolple I have around me that share this passion.) :)
I am almost finished with my mini shop. I did upgrade my bandsaw and went with the grizz 14" G0555. What a nice saw. Anywho this saw comes as a two speed and my question is which speed is best for green wood...3200 or 1500?
As an addition to my post about mini shop....I bought the HF 1236 lathe (couldn't hep it was only 199.99) all I have left to do is assemble everything and figure out where to place things for space and ease of use.
I want to thank everyone for thier suggestions and help on this. It's been (gulp over a year since I have turned anything) Now I am on the hunt for green wood and some kiln dried maple, walnut and poplar for some flat things and for tortierre lamps.
Who's in tacoma/gig harbor/bremerton area?
Speaking of lamps that tall....drill while on lathe in sections or borrrow, beg and steal a table saw and cut grooves then glue and turn?
As a side note.....all in all for this mini shop it has cost about 600 dollars. i went minimum on chisels since i know what i will use and what will just sit there gettin dusty....not to bad although i do miss my 16" delta.
Thanks again and be safe turnin,
Tony

Scott Donley
01-25-2008, 6:17 PM
Tony, fast is good for wood, slow for non wood. Can't help with local wood source. You live in a nice area :D

Tony Kent
01-25-2008, 8:44 PM
Hello
Thanks Scott, yeah it sure is pretty here. I kinda know where you are. I am still learning the area.
Tony