PDA

View Full Version : Airbrush Sandblaster

Eric Allen
01-25-2008, 2:42 AM
Anyone have one of these that they are happy with? I'd like to add one of these to my arsenal, but like most things, I prefer a Creeker recommendation over advertising hype:)

Mike Null
01-25-2008, 5:51 AM
I've never seen an airbrush blaster but I have seen the PAB unit and was impressed with the detail achieved by it.

http://www.pabblaster.com/photo_gallery.htm

Luke Phillips
01-25-2008, 11:15 AM
I use one for doing fine work on crystal stemware - get the Paasche 542-1905, it's less than $20 for the pen and works great with the right grit.

Dave West
01-25-2008, 11:53 AM
I used to use a Paasche Air Eraser years ago . Worked great for detailed freehand work.

Dave

Eric Allen
01-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks guys, that Paasche sounds familiar, the PAB I had never seen. The grip looks like a modified paint can spray gun on that one, pretty ingenious if they can command those prices for 'em:) It also gets me thinking....everyone duck!:D

Gary Hair
01-26-2008, 9:09 PM
Thanks guys, that Paasche sounds familiar, the PAB I had never seen. The grip looks like a modified paint can spray gun on that one, pretty ingenious if they can command those prices for 'em:) It also gets me thinking....everyone duck!:D

Actually, the PAB is the Cadillac of sandblasting nozzles. I am a fairly new sandblaster/sandcarver but I can tell you that the folks on the sandcarving forum I belong to speak very highly of the PAB.
Personally, I have a Cyclone Bottle Blaster for light etching and a homemade pinch nozzle for the bigger stuff. Learned about both on cuttingedgesandcarving.com

Gary