PDA

View Full Version : White Oak ?'s

Nick McIntosh
01-24-2008, 8:31 PM
First i'd like to start out by saying Hello to everyone. This is my first post here in this Forum. I now have a question to start things off right. What is the going price for 2x6 White Oak Rough Sewn? Next ? is if i wanted to build something with it how easy or hard is it to work?. Thanks and i look forward to your feedback.

God Bless,

Nick

Jamie Buxton
01-24-2008, 8:43 PM
White oak is around $5 per board foot, depending on where you are in the country, and where you shop. As hardwoods go, it is about average in workability.

Nick McIntosh
01-24-2008, 8:51 PM
Thanks for the quick reply i was thinking it was around in there. I bought a bunch of it and i'm sure i'll never use all of it. Do people sale wood on this website? If so i have some white oak for sale full 2" x 6" varies lenghts from 24" up to 96"

John Thompson
01-24-2008, 8:56 PM
Might help if you plugged in where you are at in your profile, Nick. Good luck with your white oak.

Sarge..

Nick McIntosh
01-24-2008, 9:03 PM
I'm in Clifton, TN close to the Wayne County.

John Parr
01-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Nick, Look around for a local supplier. Or look for a local tree cutter. A lot of those guys do rough cut wood for good prices.

Chuck Saunders
01-25-2008, 8:27 AM
Hi Nick and welcome,
There is a classified section of the Creek. To post there you have to be a contributor. But heck, that is only $6 per year, check out the donate tab on the menu. Selling in other forums is not appropriate.