PDA

View Full Version : New directions....

Anthony Yakonick
03-02-2004, 8:03 PM
..and small gloat, added a Ridgid jointer to the mix, I'm hoping to add some square boxes to my line. The jointer was a deal $200 for the floor model, it was missing the key for the switch and a nut to hold the fence both items are patched for now untill the backorder shows up. I haven't been around much due to a $50 home inprovement job thats up $500+.

Bill Grumbine
03-02-2004, 8:31 PM
Hi Anthony

I was just thinking of you the other day and wondering where you had gotten to. I am glad to see you posting again. I don't think you had better say too much about your new directions or they won't let you in the door at Hardy's. :p

Bill

Tony Falotico
03-02-2004, 9:37 PM
Hi Anthony, did you get your saw mounted on the new cabinet yet? If so, let's see some pics. I built the same cabinet, it's almost finished and I hope to start mounting the saw this weekend. Got sidetracked on other projects, trying to do too many things at once.

John Miliunas
03-02-2004, 9:54 PM
Congrats on the new jointer, Anthony! I hear the Ridgid units are OK and that's a heckuva' price! Enjoy and don't make yourself a stranger! :cool:

Jim Becker
03-02-2004, 10:37 PM
Geepers...everyone else is going to "round" and you're going to "flat". Somebody always has to swim up-stream... :D

(Congrats on the excellent acquisition. Nice price, and a jointer is an essential tool in the shop)

Anthony Yakonick
03-03-2004, 7:35 PM
I'm quite happy with the jointer, it isn't an aircraft carrier but it's far better than my Delta benchtop.
Bill, Dave and I talk about flat work a good bit.

Anthony

Joe Bourbois
03-03-2004, 10:40 PM
Anthony, I made the same move as you several years ago, the Delta benchtop jointer to the original Ridgid jointer. It's a world of difference! You'll be amazed.

Stay flat! Resist the temptation!

Anthony Yakonick
03-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Anthony, I made the same move as you several years ago, the Delta benchtop jointer to the original Ridgid jointer. It's a world of difference! You'll be amazed.

Stay flat! Resist the temptation!
I've been round for ten years, the temptation is flat!