PDA

View Full Version : Corel V 12 question

Mike Ross
01-24-2008, 8:21 PM
Hey Creekers,

Using Coreldraw 12 (I know).

When I select an object or group and drag to move, I get multiple copies of the selection. So if I grab a d and move it, it looks like ddddddd. If I use the arrow keys to move it, I do not get copies, I just move the selection-this is OK, but I like to drag items with my mouse.

Just switched to a new computer with vista, wondering if this is a default setting when you load Corel?

Anyway, how can I change this?

TTTTThhhhhhaaaaannnnnkkkkkyyyyyyoooouuuu,

arrgggggg!

Mike Ross

Carl Sewell
01-24-2008, 9:08 PM
This has worked for several others. Maybe it will work for you also.

Go to the Free Transform Tool. It's the last icon on the flyout for the Shape tool.

Now look at the property bar (top of screen). At the end of the property bar for the Free Transform tool look for an icon that displays "Apply to Duplicate" when you mouse over it. If that button is depressed, click on it.

Now try a duplicate and see if it fixed the problem. If it does, make sure you save your settings!

Bill Cunningham
01-24-2008, 10:30 PM
When you drag a image, you can get a ghost image left over from the computer trying to keep up with the screen. If the ghost image is still there after you place the main image, just hit cntrl W this will re-write the screen and the ghost is gone!!

Mike Ross
01-25-2008, 1:27 AM
Thank you gentleman, it was the apply to duplicate that solved my issue.

Cheers,

Mike

Roy Brewer
01-28-2008, 11:59 PM
At the end of the property bar for the Free Transform tool look for an icon that displays "Apply to Duplicate" when you mouse over it. If that button is depressed, click on it.Carl,
I've seen you answer that 4-5 times on the various forums. I seem to have a mental block on remembering the solution. Rather than go digging inside Corel, I just start seaching for Carl Sewell posts!

To add a little tip that some will find occasionally useful, when you *want* that effect, hold down the space bar while you drag.

For instance you want to illustrate the motion/path of a basketball from the players hand, looping into the net...

Carl Sewell
01-29-2008, 9:57 AM
Thanks for the tip! You can also tap the keyboard to selectively place copies. And it works with "dynamic guides" and "snap to". That'll come in REAL handy.

The really odd thing is that I've NEVER had this problem. I read it somewhere and my brain digested it. And I probably retain it because I keep answering the same question. Or, maybe I was just waiting for you to submit the additional tip!

THANKS!