PDA

View Full Version : Hands on Gloat

Pete Jordan
01-24-2008, 5:03 PM
I was lucky enough to spend 4 days with Trent Bosch last week. The first 2 days were a demo and the second 2 were a hands on workshop for 6 people. He is a wonderful instructor and very easy going. I decided to focus on hollow forms and spent the majority of my time on a cherry burl. He taught how to work with his hollowing tools without a captured system. The tools work great but the handler was shaky. I got the outside finished and 2/3 of the inside before I had a hoola hoop on my tool. I waited till I was alone before I broke into tears but it was a learning experience. I learned that I will always use a laser!

I can honestly say it was the most fun I have had in a long, long time and recommend Trent to anyone who has the chance to see him. I look forward to my next hands on workshop.

Mike A. Smith
01-24-2008, 5:30 PM
Now that's a nice gloat Pete! Lots of envy from here...

Steve Schlumpf
01-24-2008, 5:36 PM
Congrats Pete! Had to have been a wonderful experience! Looking forward to seeing the results of all that edumacation!

Bill Bolen
01-24-2008, 6:21 PM
Glad you had a blast! I have a bit of moisture on my cheek too! What a pretty piece it would have been....Bill...

Bernie Weishapl
01-24-2008, 7:27 PM
Congrats Pete. I hope sometime to get to go to one of those.

Ben Gastfriend
01-24-2008, 7:31 PM
Congrats! Looks like a real nice burl. Sorry about the inconvienient turn of events!:(

Tom Sherman
01-25-2008, 10:08 AM
A great opportuntiy Pete, and now you have learned how to make hoola hoops. It's all down hill from here, just like the beginning huh. Great looking form what can you make from whats left? I had a blast last year with Bill Grumbine and can appreciate the thrill. Keep on makin them curlies.

Bill Wyko
01-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Beautiful Burl. My only question is, Why'd it stop spinning?:D