PDA

View Full Version : Freud is awesome!

Rick Gooden
01-24-2008, 3:03 PM
I recently had a problem with a Freud router and didn't know exactly how to handle the repair. I got in contact with Charles McCracken, a member of this forum and a representative for Freud, to find out what my options were. He said to send it to him and he would take care of it and he sure did. The service they gave me went well beyond anything that was expected and quite frankly better than any I've ever received from any company. As for future purchases, if Freud makes it, I'll buy it (with confidence). Thank you Freud (and Charles), you're the best.

scott spencer
01-24-2008, 3:31 PM
Charles and Freud have always treated me well too...:)

Lee Koepke
01-24-2008, 3:41 PM
I like their saw blades.

Bruce Page
01-24-2008, 3:55 PM
I'm fond of their stuff too. :)
Glad that you were so well taken care of.

Randy Carnley
01-24-2008, 4:00 PM
I had a similar situation with Bosch yesterday. I bought an outfeed extension for my Bosch table saw off Ebay. Some of the parts were missing (surprise!) and I couldn't find them anywhere else, so I called Bosch to try to buy them from them. They are making what the lady called a "courtesy" shipment without charge. I own a lot of Bosch tools because I like the but I really like good customer service whether it's Freud, Bosch, or whomever. Blessings to all.

Dave Verstraete
01-24-2008, 4:05 PM
For a second there, I thought Sigmund had appeared with Elvis

Mark Rios
01-24-2008, 4:17 PM
Freud is THE blade that I look for when I need a particular cutting tool, be it a bit or a blade. I have upwards of twenty Freud saw blades as well as a bunch of Freud router bits. They are definitely my favorite.

I've had a couple of random problems but they have been taken care of extremely well.

Mr. McCracken is DA BLADE MAN!!!

Randal Stevenson
01-24-2008, 4:42 PM
I do not know wether Freud considers it Charles McCracken's job, to post/help out on boards or not, or if he gets paid for it or not, but I apreciate him posting, and his pride in his work and company shows.

If he doesn't get paid for it, and he actually enjoys posting, that is getting rarer these days, as so many of us, have people who expect you to do xyz for them, for free, off the job, that it is drying up these resources.

For us who don't say it often enough, Thank You to the people BEHIND the companies that do this!!