PDA

View Full Version : LN #4 sale

Barry Beech
01-24-2008, 1:47 PM
Craftsman Studio has the Iron #4 on sale for $215 right now.

I have been wanting a LN #4 for a while to complement my other planes and now was as good a time as any. ;)

Danny Thompson
01-24-2008, 2:14 PM
Only 2 left, it says.

Bruce Page
01-24-2008, 2:44 PM
Anyone ever see deals on the LN bronze body #4?

Wayne Wheeling
01-24-2008, 3:27 PM
Had 1 in my Shopping Cart and then looked at the Two Cherries chisels and poof the Sale Price on the plane was gone! I guess the 2 sold while I was browsing! Got my LN 60 1/2R today though, but really wanted that 4!

Barry Beech
01-30-2008, 3:05 PM
Well, I received my #4 yesterday. I didn't get much of a chance to play with it but I did get the blade honed, which is incredibly sharp now (honed with leather strop and LV green). I was able to play with a little walnut that I had around. I really like the heft of the plane over a Bailey #4. I also like the way you adjust the frog as opposed to having to take the blade off the bailey to change the frog.

I am pretty sure that I will thoroughly enjoy using the plane in the future. :D

Michael Fross
01-30-2008, 4:43 PM
Anyone ever see deals on the LN bronze body #4?

I just picked up a bronze #4 last weekend. Woodcraft had a sale and the early bird special was 25% off one item. Whoo hoo.

I've not had a chance to do much with it. Going to to get blade flattened and sharpened tonight.

Not sure if you are near a woodcraft, but I just received another postcard about a sale they are having on March 1st. 7:00 to 10:00 early bird special will get you 15% off anything in the store except power tools. 10% off for those.

I'm not sure how these translate to online sales.

Regards,

Michael

James Carmichael
01-30-2008, 5:30 PM
I just picked up a bronze #4 last weekend. Woodcraft had a sale and the early bird special was 25% off one item. Whoo hoo.

I've not had a chance to do much with it. Going to to get blade flattened and sharpened tonight.

Not sure if you are near a woodcraft, but I just received another postcard about a sale they are having on March 1st. 7:00 to 10:00 early bird special will get you 15% off anything in the store except power tools. 10% off for those.

I'm not sure how these translate to online sales.

Regards,

Michael

Hmm, my local WC has those occaisionally. I'm splurging on the 60 1/2 tonight while it's 20% off.

I wouldn't have thought you'd need to flatten an LN iron.

Michael Fross
01-30-2008, 7:12 PM
Hmm, my local WC has those occaisionally. I'm splurging on the 60 1/2 tonight while it's 20% off.

I wouldn't have thought you'd need to flatten an LN iron.
Figured it couldn't hurt. It may only take a few minutes, but I'd like to see. I don't usually flatten the soles on my LN planes, but I do give the irons a once over.

Bruce Page
01-30-2008, 8:02 PM
Thanks Michael, I'm heading over to Woodcraft on Friday, I'll take a look.

Wayne Wheeling
01-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Since I missed that sale, I ended up purchasing a LN Bronze #4 from a member on the board. Haven't used the 60 1/2R much yet from the Woodcraft sale, but I like what I see so far! And I did order a 6PC set of Two Cherries Chisels in a Two Cherries leather roll on sale today from Craftsmen Studio! Now waiting for the arrival of the plane and chisels!