PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Norm...

Greg Wandless
03-02-2004, 4:51 PM
anybody else notice that he has lost a lot of weight or am I just seeing things?

Greg

Bill Karow
03-02-2004, 5:07 PM
anybody else notice that he has lost a lot of weight or am I just seeing things?

Supposedly, he has deliberately lost 40 pounds over the past year or so. Good for him!

Jim Becker
03-02-2004, 6:14 PM
Yea, I noticed that while spying on the NYW filming via the web cam last year. He's looking good. Now, if only I could do the same...tough with business travel, however. :rolleyes:

Terry Hatfield
03-02-2004, 6:31 PM
He lost it....I found it.

Terry

Rob Littleton
03-02-2004, 7:59 PM
He's working to get a six pack.......I got the KEG....

Richard Gillespie
03-02-2004, 8:46 PM
What is it with us woodworkers? The more well round we get about our job/hobby the heavier we get. I know how to bring wood down to size but I'll be darned if I can do the same for myself. I've been on a see-food diet all my life.

Bart Leetch
03-02-2004, 9:21 PM
Its easy........the LOML went on the Prism diet.........so I figured its easier to cook only kind of meal & told her to cook the same kind of food for me. Presto in a little less than 12 weeks I lost 18 lbs. I'm now back down to what I weighed when I graduated from high school 175 lbs & 5'9" tall 51 years old. It was real easy.

You cut out all starches accept rice & oat meal for the first 6 weeks & cut portions in half I was eating 1400 to 1500 calories a day & have stayed around that amount even now. In the American diet we eat way more than we really need to.

Its a whole new mind set & a different way of life. Eat to live. Don't eat to kill your self.

This diet is a well balanced diet not one of those crazy diets.

Mark Singer
03-02-2004, 9:26 PM
You know I don't know....I am still trying to find the show:confused:

John Miliunas
03-02-2004, 9:57 PM
You know I don't know....I am still trying to find the show:confused:

I'm with you, Mark! Regular PBS doesn't come in worth a hoot out here. But, I have found my way to the fridge! :rolleyes: :cool:

Mark Singer
03-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Yeah john,
Even if the TV's not working I still manage to have snacks during commercials....Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia oooh! "Hooked on Chocalate" ...ahhh....wait I'll be right back:p

Ryan Singer
03-03-2004, 9:36 AM
I don’t believe in changing your diet. I like chocolate, chips and salsa, Mexican food, pizza

EAT SLOWER
DON’T FILL UP
DON’T EAT OUT OF HABIT
SNACK INSTEAD OF LARGE MEALS

it takes about 20 mins till your food to travel to your stomach. If you eat slow and chew well, you won’t have to worry about stomach problems, ulcers, etc.. if you pace your eating, you can stop eating 20 mins before you fill up. Also, by not eating just for fun, but doing some light snacking when you have a little hunger feel in your stomach will help. I think most of us eat even if we aren’t hungry just because of the time of day.

It takes a little sensitivity and self adjusting of your stomach, but I think it’s worth it to keep eating what you feel you like and just adjust the intake…

Greg Wandless
03-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Well I'm glad to hear it was on purpose!!!