PDA

View Full Version : Realigning the mirrors on my rabbit

James Jaragosky
01-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Realigning the mirrors on my rabbit was a royal pain in the foot.
I got so frustrated that I removed the mirror bracket and added some longer retaining screws, then I put springs (I used the spring from a ink pen and cut it in half) on the retaining screws for constant pressure against the Adjustment screws.
Replaced the bracket, and presto finished the aliment in about 15 minutes.
Oo, having a mirror was handy as well, so I didn’t have to keep walking around the machine to check and see where my beam was hitting.
Jim j.

Dee Gallo
01-24-2008, 1:13 PM
jAMES - your posts have given me new hope..

I have a Chinese laser which I have been afraid to fire up, but as I collect info from your experiences I get closer to trying it. The setup and testing CD I got was just scary, with the guy by-passing the safety mechanism and setting fire to little pieces of cardboard. My unused backup laser might just get tested soon! Thanks for having such an inventive brain.

By the way - you also inspired me to donate. - dee

James Jaragosky
01-24-2008, 1:32 PM
jAMES - your posts have given me new hope..

I have a Chinese laser which I have been afraid to fire up, but as I collect info from your experiences I get closer to trying it. The setup and testing CD I got was just scary, with the guy by-passing the safety mechanism and setting fire to little pieces of cardboard. My unused backup laser might just get tested soon! Thanks for having such an inventive brain.

By the way - you also inspired me to donate. - dee

First let me say congratulations on becoming a contributor.
You should not need to align the mirrors if you received the machine straight from the factory,
I do suggest that you check them as described. I would start with the back mirror and move forward.
I use masking tape because I can see through it, and can tell the center easier. You will have to clean the mirror after using masking tape because sometimes it leaves a residue on the mirror.
I only needed to realign the mirrors because I recently had the need to change out my tube. (After doing this I found it was not the tube that was the problem)
Don’t be afraid to fire it up. I have mine on a wall switch and have a extinguisher nearby.
If you take some small but important precautions you will be fine no matter what the machine does.
Also you should run it before you lose your warranty.
Good luck
Jim j.

Brian Robison
01-24-2008, 2:14 PM
James, your quickly becoming THE expert on Chinese lasers. Blessing and a curse?:)