PDA

View Full Version : Chest 'O' Drawers

Kyle Stiefel
01-24-2008, 1:33 AM
Hello,

I finally got around to making a chest of drawers as our dresser was from a buddy tossing it out at school. The whole design was based around the walnut as it was everybit I had left and didn't plan on bringing another load of lumber up for a while.

It is of walnut, ash, and birch ply. Danish oil finish outside while the drawer interiors are shellac. Wish I had more walnut to work with but I got a few sets of bookmatched drawers. There is enough of pleasing effect to hold my "drawers".

Take it easy,
Kyle

Dave Lindgren
01-24-2008, 2:12 AM
Nice work Kyle! Next time open one of the drawers so we can see inside. I especially like the tapered finials on the two end panels. Gives it a custom look without being fussy. Kudos!

Dave MacArthur
01-24-2008, 2:17 AM
nice work, Kyle. Ok, this confirms it--I like clean designs with contrasting woods. This is a bit depressing to realize, as I find my house is furnished with none of that.

In fact, I just got up and walked around, and it turns out that MOST of my wood furniture is either a bit cheapo, or is art and crafts oak, stained dark. If my kids hadn't just drawn all over the cheapo kitchen table with crayons last night, I'd almost be motivated to get cracking and replace it all with designs similar to yours! ;)

How did you work the drawer slides?

Garth Keel
01-24-2008, 2:21 AM
Very nice work, Kyle. I particularly like the end panels. They are just as interesting as the fronts.

Greg Cole
01-24-2008, 8:58 AM
Well done Kyle. My first attempt at a dresser was errily similar...
I have a PILE of walnut dedicated for bedroom
stuff" for LOML & I..... seeing someone elses finished product is always a kick in the posterior for motivation.;)

Greg

gary Zimmel
01-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Kyle

Well done on a great looking dresser. I to like what you did with the legs.
And the contrasting woods work well together.