PDA

View Full Version : a quick reminder please.

Gregg Feldstone
01-24-2008, 1:10 AM
I'm trying to post some pics and having trouble. I go to manage attachments, browse and choose the pics, than upload. They are not appearing. What else do I need to do?

Gregg Feldstone
01-24-2008, 1:58 AM
can anyone help??

Dave MacArthur
01-24-2008, 2:26 AM
hmm... I just tried it again, and it worked for me. Are you getting any error messages, or does it tell you they were uploaded successfully? What TYPE of attachments are you using? What size? The allowed sizes are fairly small (see chart on manage attch page), and I find I have to resize all my images and resample them to small jpegs first.

Mike Cutler
01-24-2008, 5:23 AM
How long are you waiting Greg?
What size are the files?,and format?

If you're waiting for the actual image to appear, it doesn't do that.
The sequence should be

Select the "Choose" button. This should have brought up your harddrive to allow you to select the file,folder,location of the image.

Select the image on your computer. I have a Mac, so I get a "choose" button at the bottom of my folder when it opens up. I don't know what appears on a PC exactly.

Select the "Upload" button in the manage attachments pane. A little image will appear next to the choose button. When the upload is complete. A box called "Current Attachments" should open up in the Manage Attachments pane.
This should have your image denoted in the pane and it's file size.

Sometimes it takes a little time, or you get an error message at the top of the Manage Attachments pane that states that the file is too large. If the image size is way too big it may take a while to get this message. The max image size is 107 kb.

Here is a link to posting images within your text should you want to do that also.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=25115