PDA

View Full Version : Jet mini tool rest

Roger Petrella
01-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Does anyone know if Jet makes a 10-12" wide tool rest for the mini lathe? If so, where can I buy one? I also need another standard tool rest that I can cut down to make it only about 3-4" long?

Robert McGowen
01-24-2008, 12:00 AM
My Jet 1220 came standard with a 10" rest, so I know Jet makes them. It is just a matter of finding one.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Roger,

I ordered parts for my Jet Mini directly form WMH. They were good if the part was in stock. They were slow if it wasn't. You can go to the Jet site and look for parts in their owners manuals.

Another alternative I took was I bought a Robert Sorby modular tool rest from The Cutting Edge. Later when I bought a PM 3520B it was just a matter of buying a new 1" post and it was useable on the bigger lathe. Cost of post was $12-13 IIRC.

Dave Carey
01-24-2008, 12:02 PM
I found a couple on that auction site (one curved, one 12").

David Walser
01-24-2008, 1:41 PM
Roger,

Several firms make tool rests that will work with your Jet. You need to know the diameter of the post (so it will fit your banjo) and the length of your post. (Obviously, too tall posts can be shortened.) As an example (and only an example) here's a link to Craft Supplies USA's toolrest page:

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/store/Lathe_Accessories___Tool_Rests_p_1?Args=

Other retailers offer still other toolrests.