PDA

View Full Version : Hettich Quadro V6 Undermount Slide Questions

Paul Joynes
01-23-2008, 8:09 PM
I am planning out a set of kitchen cabinets and was going to use Blum Tandem slides with Blumotion. The supplier in the area carries Hettich brand slides and I was wondering whether anyone has experience with them.

I have yet to see one of these sets of slides and am currently working from the catalog that is available online. One question I had was how the catch at the front of the drawer is attached. Do you screw into the drawer bottom, side, or front? I am surprised that the catalog glosses over this but it is probably self explanatory once you have the product in hand.

From the catalog it appears that the Quadro V6 Silent System is a direct comparison to a Tandem with Blumotion. Is this the case?

The Blum system has a drilling jig that you use. Is a drilling jig required for the Hettich product?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Joynes

Paul Joynes
01-24-2008, 1:43 PM
Moving it to the top of the list again

Lou Pole
01-24-2008, 2:31 PM
Paul

I always liked the "Quadro" glides because they seemed to be of more robust construction than the Blum Tandems. Plus, they were on the market for quite some time before Blum and others released similar products so for a while they were the only "high quality" undermounts available. The original glides did have to be fixed to the drawer box with a screw but the more recent ones use a "fixing clip" similar to the Blum clips.

Greg Funk
01-24-2008, 2:50 PM
The supplier in the area carries Hettich brand slides and I was wondering whether anyone has experience with them.

Paul,

Sorry, I can't help on the Hettich slides but if you want Blum slides in Canada I think the best source is probably Richelieu. They service businesses, not retail, so you would need to set up a business account but if you are building a kitchen that shouldn't be a problem (make up a suitable company name). They provide good service and ship anywhere in Canada. PM me if you want to compare pricing.

Greg