PDA

View Full Version : Wood Gloat ...

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
03-02-2004, 12:51 PM
I haven't had a lot of time this winter to turn, but I've been lucky enough to continue to grow the woodpile. Thanks to friends, co-workers and even strangers, I have a nice assortment. The Large Holly, Pear and Apple are from Ted Calver at Newport News. The various other cherry, apple, pear, red oak, maple, walnut, pecan and hickory are from all over. I've got my eyes on a new Jet 1236 this spring and give up on the Shopsmith. I still use it for the bandsaw capability for bowl blanks. I'll post as I get blanks roughed out and turned. Thanks for looking.

Ron

Jim Becker
03-02-2004, 1:51 PM
I'm truely envious of that Holly and fruitwood...I haven't been able to score any lately and "big" holly is hard to come by! Enjoy it!

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
03-02-2004, 6:52 PM
I'm truely envious of that Holly and fruitwood...I haven't been able to score any lately and "big" holly is hard to come by! Enjoy it!

have been pretty good to me, Jim ... Phil Duffy and Ted Calver, especially. These are a couple of first class guys in my book. I'm hoping I can get to the the Five Barns doin's this year and bring some of this stash along, and maybe some deer antler and a bunch of corian colors. I am a true believer in sharing the wealth. The Lord's blessed me with some good friends since I've moved to Virginia. It makes it easier leaving the long time one's back in Indiana.

Jim Becker
03-02-2004, 7:02 PM
I'm hoping I can get to the the Five Barns doin's this year and bring some of this stash along

Well, if you do get up for the picnic, you have my standing order for some of that great stuff. And I'll reciprocate with something nice from up here.