PDA

View Full Version : E Trade%?@xxx&*%$!!!

keith ouellette
01-23-2008, 4:14 PM
Are there any traders here and do you hate etrade?

When I need it most power etrade pro is so slow it is useless. It works fine when there is nothing going on in the market but when things get busy and I need to make a trade it sucks. The last 30 min of the day I was only able to open and close 5 charts. A chart should open in the blink of an eye.

Jim Becker
01-23-2008, 5:33 PM
Any time I've chosen to trade at E*Trade, it happened faster than I could click the mouse to refresh the screen. But I'm not a trader and those were always single transactions.

Do remember that in addition to any latency in the broker's systems...you have the latency of the Internet, itself, when if comes to updating information on your PC at home or work.

Matt Mutus
01-23-2008, 6:56 PM
I don't trade myself but do work for a company that caters to very active day traders. In 7 years I've never known any of them to use eTrade. The two names I hear most are RealTick and eSignal. Maybe you want to give those platforms a look?

If you want I can put you in touch with some very knowlegdabe folks at our brokerage division. If so drop me a PM.

keith ouellette
01-23-2008, 7:20 PM
Any time I've chosen to trade at E*Trade, it happened faster than I could click the mouse to refresh the screen. But I'm not a trader and those were always single transactions.

Do remember that in addition to any latency in the broker's systems...you have the latency of the Internet, itself, when if comes to updating information on your PC at home or work.

Jim;
on the occasional trade they work fine but when your trading you need split second info. The web site works all the time but the trading platform gets bogged down to easy. Thats why I don't think it a slow internet thing.

Matt;
thanks for the tip. I have heard of both of them and am going to look into e signal. I just wish I wasn't going to have the down time while it transfered.

Greg Muller
01-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Keith,
I used ETrade previously, but just wasn't happy with the data and performance evals and charts at all. I went back to Morningstar for all my research. I have a few accounts and enough to cover college for 3 kids (still preschoolers) and retirement for the wife and I (whenever we are ready, we can stop working, but we still enjoy it), but really, I don't feel the need to ever make a trade so quickly that a few minutes can hurt me that much. I have some presets that, if a stock or fund hits a certain number, it will automatically get me in or out of it. I really don't ever react to a fluctuation, just a trend.

Greg