PDA

View Full Version : Tool Gloat

dennis kranz
01-23-2008, 3:39 PM
Not a very big gloat for some of you but for me it's a major. This is a 2 tool gloat. I have been wanting to buy a Termite end grain hollowing tool for a long time. Well today I went to Woodcraft and picked one up. Also one of the people I used to work with asked me if I had any need for a turning tool that his dad won but never used. When he showed it to me it was the other tool I have been wanting. The Sorby Midi Hollowmaster. Now I have both and no time to turn for a couple weeks. Ain't life a kick in the pants.
Dennis

Steve Mawson
01-23-2008, 3:53 PM
Dennis you are right, things always seem to turn out that way. However you have two mighty nice tools that will last for a long time. Long on enjoyment after you get to use them. I don't seem to be lucky enough to ever get a turning tool given to me since I was 10.

Steve Schlumpf
01-23-2008, 4:06 PM
Congrats on the new tools Dennis! To bad about the delay in turning but at least you have a couple of weeks to figure out what you are going to hollow! Looking forward to seeing what you turn!

robert hainstock
01-23-2008, 4:16 PM
NOW, plan, plan, plan. :D
Bob

Tom Sherman
01-23-2008, 5:27 PM
Congrats on the new tools Dennis.

Allen Schmid
01-23-2008, 6:29 PM
Dennis,
Nice gloat! Have as yet to find me any free tools!
I am wondering if you have used the Sorby Hollowmaster before(or anyone else for that mattert)? I am looking to purchase the larger one and am looking for your take on the tool. I have not made any HF's but really have liked what people are posting. Can't afford a full blown set-up so am thinking (as you have possibly, too) that this is a good starting point.
Don't want to take over your thread or anything but thought it is a good opportunity to get some feedback from the weath of knowledge the group here might have to offer.
Good luck on the upcoming projects with your new tools, enjoy them.
Allen

Ben Gastfriend
01-23-2008, 6:36 PM
Nice gloat! Congratulations on the new workshop additions!

Bernie Weishapl
01-23-2008, 7:23 PM
Great gloat. Nice additions to the shop.