PDA

View Full Version : need help engraving images

phil stewart
01-23-2008, 2:18 PM
hi I.m very new to the engraving business and am having trouble put picture of people on plaques. corel, photograv for software. I just am not sure of what steps to take for the best results . can someone please help?
thanks for your time.
Phil Stewart

Stephen Beckham
01-23-2008, 2:58 PM
Phil,

I'd love to help - you may need to provide more information - type of wood, DPI you are using, what kind of results you are getting (pictures if possible), kind of laser and how much power you are using etc...

Basically, I bring the picture into Corel - lay it out to fit my target - convert it to correct DPI (100 to 200 depending on type of wood and picture) - export it to PG 2.1 - convert it - re-import it and etch it.

I'm not sure what else to tell you that might help until I can get an idea of what's happening.

Barbara Buhse
01-24-2008, 12:22 PM
in Corel:
Size image
convert to 300 dpi bitmap (greyscale, 8 bit)
export and save

process in photograv (make sure to check that your material choice is right)
save..

back in Corel, re import DO NOT ADJUST THE SIZE AFTE PHOTOGRAV
what you have photgraved is how it should stay.

now raster at 300 dpi... use the recommended settings for your machine.

That should be a good starting point.

James Jaragosky
01-24-2008, 12:32 PM
in Corel:
Size image
convert to 300 dpi bitmap (greyscale, 8 bit)
export and save

process in photograv (make sure to check that your material choice is right)
save..

back in Corel, re import DO NOT ADJUST THE SIZE AFTE PHOTOGRAV
what you have photgraved is how it should stay.

now raster at 300 dpi... use the recommended settings for your machine.

That should be a good starting point.
I would like would add that you need to have set up photograve properly for your machine for it to work properly.

phil stewart
01-24-2008, 5:15 PM
:D Hi, just wanted to say THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. I haven't tried it yet but I was just amazed with all the help that you all offered. I'll let you know how it turns out. THANKS AGAIN THIS IS UNBELEiVABLE.
Phil Stewart

Darren Null
02-01-2008, 9:54 AM
wtf? .

Frank Corker
02-01-2008, 7:15 PM
Looks like another visitor from a different site dropping in and disappearing again. Crazy