PDA

View Full Version : Joe D'Attilio's No.4

Clint Jones
01-23-2008, 2:01 PM
I just finished a SW no.4 for Joe. Rather than show him in a pm I thought I would share it with everyone. Here it is I hope you like it.

Jim Becker
01-23-2008, 2:25 PM
Very nice! That's going to be a nice piece in Joe's arsenal!

Mike Cutler
01-23-2008, 5:24 PM
Ahh.... Joe.
Dude, ya' may have err'd buying from Clint. Now we have proof that he sent ya' a nice plane, with photographic evidence that it works properly. Ya' didn't leave yourself any wiggle room for excuses about why the plane doesn't work right out of the box. LN just tells you it's ready to go. Clint sends proof it's ready to go :D,;)

In all seriousness though now. Clint, that's a really nice plane you have ready for Joe to use. Well done, and congrats to Joe. That plane should do him very well.

Greg Cole
01-23-2008, 5:26 PM
What Mike said... and I'm sure Clint didn't reach in the wallet as deeply as the gang that makes planes in Maine did for my #4....:rolleyes:

Congrats, nice plane.

Greg

Thomas Knighton
01-23-2008, 6:35 PM
Dear Joe,

You suck!

Best wishes always,
Tom
:D

Marcus Ward
01-23-2008, 7:00 PM
Wow, somewhere in AR there is a time machine allowing Clint to go buy new SW Baileys when they were new. NICE.

ken seale
01-23-2008, 7:32 PM
$50 for a #4 plane that works 'right' is a good deal.

Randal Stevenson
01-24-2008, 10:49 AM
I've ordered a number 4 from Clint, and since I work odd hours, and am not close enough for the mentor program, I am planning on using it two fold. The second part is to see differences between the planes I am still trying to tune (part of my problem may be how tired I am when I am trying to clean them up).

Mike Cutler
01-24-2008, 7:16 PM
I've ordered a number 4 from Clint, and since I work odd hours, and am not close enough for the mentor program, I am planning on using it two fold. The second part is to see differences between the planes I am still trying to tune (part of my problem may be how tired I am when I am trying to clean them up).

That's a great way to learn Randall.
Doing anything when you're fatigued is difficult, especially trying to learn something new.

Ralph Okonieski
01-24-2008, 9:03 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but I've seen the "SW" reference (as in SW no.4) used many times with regard to planes. On another site, in describing a plane as "Stanley #2 combination try and miter square, later type with SW mark."

I've searched the forums but did not find an explanation. Are these referring to the same thing and what does the SW stand for?

Thanks.

Clint Jones
01-24-2008, 9:14 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but I've seen the "SW" reference (as in SW no.4) used many times with regard to planes. On another site, in describing a plane as "Stanley #2 combination try and miter square, later type with SW mark."

I've searched the forums but did not find an explanation. Are these referring to the same thing and what does the SW stand for?

Thanks.

SW refers to the Sweetheart era of planes manufactures 1919-1932. The sweetheart logo was adopted to commemorate William Hart's (long time president of the Stanley Works and the man who led to Stanley's dominance int the early 20th century) retirement. I believe it stands for "Stanley Works" and the heart is to commemorate WH. -Clint

Marcus Ward
01-24-2008, 9:30 PM
It's a heart containing SW as clarified above, stamped in the blade.