PDA

View Full Version : Little Grizzly slider

Paul B. Cresti
01-23-2008, 12:51 PM
http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-Sliding-Tablesaw-/G0623X

Hey has anyone seen in person or used this little slider yet? Would really like to get people's feedback on it or other similiar machines (General International, Kufo...)

David Less
01-24-2008, 6:42 AM
I' too bad no one replied. It looks like a neat little slider for the cabinet saw "want-a-be's". I'd be tempted to drive out to Grizzly just to check it out. Leave it to the Chinese and their cheep labor to make something like that for the price.

David

Scott Rollins
01-24-2008, 7:14 AM
That is pretty nice. I have never seen one, but I have been looking at the Laguna Tools slider to add onto my saw...with all the options the Laguna slider will cost more than that grizzly saw!:eek: I think it is time to rethink..where is that shop thinking chair?

Phil B
01-24-2008, 8:20 AM
I checked this thing out at awfs and it appeared to be well built and a lot of saw for the money. I think there is room for improvement in some smaller details but still a decent offering. I don’t remember anything specific about the rip fence, that’s probably a good thing since I would remember if it were bad. The slider action was smooth and the cross cut fences are stout.

They list two crosscutting capacities 78.5” & 63”. I tend to believe the smaller one looking at the pictures. If true, 63” is okay but I would prefer a little longer but compared to add-on sliders this is pretty good. If it really is 78.5 that is good for most sheet good work and long enough for a lot of rips done soley on the slider.

There are lots of small details that make a particular machine convenient and it’s really hard to pull that info out of the grizzly catalog. That is where a very careful comparison to other brands pays off. Little things like is the rip fence a slide off or lift off type. How easy is it to change blades, how important is it to run a larger diameter blade, soft start, braking, cursors for measurements; all these little things done right make a machine convenient to use, otherwise they are an impediment.

Generally speaking, the more you pay the better the design, features, details, support, etc. The price of this unit is really what makes this particular machine compelling though.

PMB

Craig D Peltier
01-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Someone on here about 2 months ago posted about sliders. One person chirped in and seem to know alot about sliders in Europe verse the American ones. Its seems as though the european ones had alot more going on with them that sounded vastly different than the US sold ones. One of the items was the slider itself.

Tim Marks
01-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Unfortunately, it sounds like nobody here has any anecdotal information about the slider. When I have a larger shop, this saw could move up to the top of my list.

Here is an older thread were Grizzly CEO discusses some of the design features/limitations (I know Paul participated in this thread, but some of the other members might not remember it):
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=62341

Jay Brewer
01-24-2008, 10:59 AM
It looks like a really nice saw for the money, but are they even shipping it yet?? The only thing that concerns me is the legs to support the table. I know they are there for stabilty because the saw dosent have the "T" shape of most sliders. I just wonder how long it would take before you kicked the front leg. Im looking forward to the first review.