PDA

View Full Version : Black and Decker charger died

Mark Valsi
01-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a great drill and drive B&D cordless drill.

The charger has gone south, anyone have an idea what to do besides buying a whole new unit ?

Thanks

Mark

Mike Marcade
01-23-2008, 12:20 PM
You can get a new charger from Dewaltservicenet.com.

Rich Engelhardt
01-24-2008, 7:36 AM
Hello,
Check out the "Closeout" tables at Lowes, Home Depot and Wal-Mart if it's a model that's over a year old.

B&D, like most others, is going L- Ion batteries on their cordless tools.

I picked up an 18V cordless B&D drill w/battery and charger at WalMart for $25.00 a week ago.

james gerus
01-24-2008, 8:13 AM
Check the B-D website for a charger recall notice. Jim

Matt Meiser
01-24-2008, 8:24 AM
First, check for the recall, then if that doesn't work, check to make sure there's not a fuse inside that has blown. We opened up a charger my dad had when it stopped working and that was all that was wrong. Other than that, unless you or a friend are handy with electronics its going to be easier to just replace it. You might be able to find a matching one on Ebay inexpensively. There are frequently tools and chargers on there because the batteries went bad. Just make sure the seller will guarantee that its not DOA.

Rod Sheridan
01-24-2008, 8:25 AM
Hi Mark, I would probably repair it myself, or see if there is an electronics hobbiest among your neighbours and friends, you could always trade skills with one of them.

Regards, Rod.

Mark Valsi
01-24-2008, 10:46 AM
THANKS !

I took the easy way out and ordered a replacement from Amazon. the nearest LOWES is 15 miles away, and I'm too lazy to drive that far in this damn LA traffic !!

thanks