PDA

View Full Version : Accura 16/32 open end Drum sander opinions.

Jim Solomon
01-23-2008, 10:14 AM
I missed out on a Delta drum sander with pneumatic drum extension, went for $490 with a bunch of belts. This guy also has an Accura 16/32 open end Drum sander. I am not familar with this sander, does anyone have one, and if so your impressions? He closed his cabinet shop about a year ago and had these two machines left over from an auction when they didn't meet the reserve. A mutual friend told me about them. He wants $400 for it, and it has what apprears to be a HF dc 1hp connected to it. He told me neither machine got very much use as he realized soon after opening his business he needed a larger commerical drum sander.
Jim
PS: The machine looks new, but I think $400 might be on the high end of a deal? Thoughts?

Brad Knabel
01-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Jim -
I don't have an opinion either way regarding the Accura Sander. But if you look on craigslist for Pittsburgh there's a Performax 16/32 listed on Monday in Irwin for $550.00. The price seems a tad high, but might be negotiable. Just as a disclaimer - it's not mine. Good luck with your search.

Brad

Jim Solomon
01-23-2008, 1:41 PM
Jim -
I don't have an opinion either way regarding the Accura Sander. But if you look on craigslist for Pittsburgh there's a Performax 16/32 listed on Monday in Irwin for $550.00. The price seems a tad high, but might be negotiable. Just as a disclaimer - it's not mine. Good luck with your search.

Brad
Thanks Brad, I'll check it out.
Jim