PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking Journal Magazine...anyone have it?

Rick Gifford
01-22-2008, 10:47 PM
I received an offer in the mail today from Woodworkers Journal Magazine. I suscribe to several mags, and I am sure I have been included on the mailing list of everyones offers.

Actually I like getting them, sometimes a good one shows up. Mostly junk though.

I don't know this mag. Looked at the webpage and they have been around quite a while, I just don't remember ever seeing it.

Wondered if anyone had an opinion on them?

FWI, this offer was a years subscription for $12.97, (cover price of $35.94 and normal subscription of $19.95).

I'm willing to try them out if it's worth it.

Erech Myers
01-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Hi Rick,

I receive Woodworkers Journal. My grandfather gets some sort of special deal on magazines so he keeps me flooded with them. I also receive three other woodworking magazines including Wood, Popular Woodworking and Shop Notes. Shop notes is unique among the four, but the other three are all pretty similar. One month I may like one better and then next month I like the other better. It just depends on the projects, tools and articles for that particular issue. If I had to choose though, Woodworkers Journal is probably my least favorite. But if you like getting magazines like I do, the $12.95 is probably worth it.