PDA

View Full Version : Where can I p/u some 16/4 sapele!?

Phil Mease
01-22-2008, 9:19 PM
Hello,

I've been looking for some 16/4 ribbon/qtrswn sapele for about 2 months now with little to no luck.

You guys have any ideas on where I might snag some or maybe an alternative that's close to mahogany in weight?

(i would have posted this in the appropriate forum but it is disabled for me)

Thanks!
Phil

Jim Becker
01-22-2008, 10:15 PM
(i would have posted this in the appropriate forum but it is disabled for me)

This is the appropriate forum to ask where to find something like that...:rolleyes:

Jim
SMC Moderator
--------

I suggest you try some of the larger lumber sources that carry exotics, such as Hearne Hardwoods or SMC member Jim King (via PM)

Simon Dupay
01-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Sorry, they just don't cut it that thick. The closest you can get is Honduran mahogany.

Gary Herrmann
01-22-2008, 11:03 PM
I see you already pinged Matt. He's generally pretty responsive. I've bought from him before.

Phil Mease
01-23-2008, 9:29 AM
Thanks, I've been in contact with Hearne but as Simon mentioned, nobody seems to cut it this thick.

BTW, I understand this is the wrong thread but I am becoming impatient as the spring is approaching and am trying to get stock before prime 'work-time' hits for me. You can move it to the proper forum or delete it if you'd like.

I sent Matt a few msgs but I don't know if he still has any left and if it is 'ribboney' enough for my purpose (actually, his "16/4 Sapele" post is the reason I am now a member here !)

Thanks!
Phil