PDA

View Full Version : Spare Parts?

Tyler Howell
03-02-2004, 8:42 AM
Ladies and Gents,
I slipped a line in 'Weekend Doings but I wanted to get an answer if there is one. I curious about the leftovers. Has anyone found a good use for the old guides after a Carter Guide upgrade. That is some too nice stuff to collect dust in a drawer.

http://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5380

Daniel Rabinovitz
03-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Tyler
They go into the cardboard box marked "old bandsaw parts" and put on a shelf to collect dust - in fact the box is very efficient in collecting dust.
Daniel :D

Bud Duffy
03-02-2004, 10:54 AM
I have one of those boxes sitting on my bench not three feet from the bandsaw, i agree it is a very efficiant dust collector!

Ted Shrader
03-02-2004, 11:21 AM
Tyler -

My place for parts like that is in a drawer. One drawer, lots 'o stuff - but all in the same location.

Don't know of another use, but you may want them later if you take the Carter guides off for some reason . . .

Ted

John Miliunas
03-02-2004, 11:45 AM
Tyler -

My place for parts like that is in a drawer. One drawer, lots 'o stuff - but all in the same location.

Don't know of another use, but you may want them later if you take the Carter guides off for some reason . . .

Ted

Tyler, how small of a blade are the Carter's good for? The reason being, I know a lot of folks use hardwood blocks when doing intricate work with real small blades on the BS. If it's relatively simple to swap out the guide sets, maybe you could setup the old ones with the hardwood blocks and just keep them primarily for such work. Just a meandering thought.... :cool:

Tyler Howell
03-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Tyler, how small of a blade are the Carter's good for? The reason being, I know a lot of folks use hardwood blocks when doing intricate work with real small blades on the BS. If it's relatively simple to swap out the guide sets, maybe you could setup the old ones with the hardwood blocks and just keep them primarily for such work. Just a meandering thought.... :cool:

Thanks Guys! Into the box they go for now but I'm going to keep them dusted off just in case.;)