PDA

View Full Version : Opinion of the Grizzly Tenoning Jig?

dennis thompson
01-22-2008, 4:06 PM
Does anyone have an opinion of the Grizzly tenoning jig?
Thanks
Dennis

Eric Haycraft
01-22-2008, 4:32 PM
It seems to be the exact same thing as what most other manufactures have..probably made the same place with different paint/handles.

Jim Podsedly
01-22-2008, 4:48 PM
I have the grizzly and it suits my needs. It is very similar to the delta. It is heavy and i can make adjustments easily. I think i got it for around $50. Well worth the money.
Not used all too often but comes in handy when i do need to cut a tenon.

Jim

glenn bradley
01-22-2008, 6:41 PM
Very much like the ones Rockler, Jet, etc. sell. I have found mine to be well worth the money (around $60) and the room to store it. Some versions have issues with left and right tilt comapatibility so check that out. Mine is the Rockler version. Came in a Rockler box but the owner's manual in the box was from Jet.

Lance Norris
01-22-2008, 7:52 PM
I have the Grizzly and like it. Well made and micro-adjustable. I recommend it.

matt dumney
01-22-2008, 10:10 PM
I have this jig and it's fine. I think it looks like most of the other brands but come in green paint. The only negative is that the knobs seem cheap but this maybe the same knobs on all the rest. The bottonline is it works fine for what I use it for.

Thinking about this... I recently saw a jig that was like 49.95...but looked like all the rest. I'm trying to figure out who had this.

Don Abele
01-22-2008, 10:40 PM
I just got the Grizzly and really like it. We have a Delta model at work and it is VERY similar. Both work nicely, but the Grizzly is almost half the cost of the Delta - so that's why I bought it!

Be well,

Doc

keith ouellette
01-23-2008, 1:17 AM
I have one. I have only used it once but it worked good. It was well worth the money for a heavy piece of metal.