PDA

View Full Version : The "Jim Beckers"

Greg Muller
01-22-2008, 3:25 PM
All,
I have run Jim Becker's posts through a vigorous analysis. There are several things I have noticed about Jim.

A) He is always right...
B) There is more than one of him...
C) All of him are always right...
D) They call themselves "The Beckers"- it's an inside joke for them...
E) They like peanut-butter-banana sandwiches...
F) They are always smiling with their head tilted to their right...
G) It's impossible to not like any of the multiple-personality, always-correct, peanut-butter-and-banana-sandwich-eating, head-tilted-and-smiling Beckers.:D

Thank you and keep smiling, Jim!!

Everyone, feel free to add to the list!

Greg

Gary Keedwell
01-22-2008, 5:18 PM
:confused: Well...he does have over 26,000 posts. Seems like the work of a gang:eek::D
Gary

Clint Jones
01-22-2008, 5:32 PM
The BECKER is actually an automated proxy-post system which reply's to every post automatically. It operates in all forums and is always smilling with head tited to the left at a 42 degree angle. It is all knowing and I have just learned it runs off of peanut butter and bannana samiches. :D

Jim Becker
01-22-2008, 5:33 PM
Geeze...I make plenty of mistakes thank you very much, don't like PB&Bs and this is only the second time I've been here today... ;)

But 'glad I could help a few folks find things once in awhile....oh, one of my selves just reminded me it's time to cook dinner. :)

Gary Keedwell
01-22-2008, 5:36 PM
The BECKER is actually an automated proxy-post system which reply's to every post automatically.. :D

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/dirtbox/pics/muttley.gif Good one.

Gary

Nancy Laird
01-22-2008, 5:55 PM
....oh, one of my selves just reminded me it's time to cook dinner. :)

Ye gads...and he's a cook, too? Does this man have anything that he's NOT good at?????? He's gotta be a clone--where do I find one??

Nancy

glenn bradley
01-22-2008, 6:20 PM
I knew that "Bucks County" Cloning article in the Weekly World News was right-on!

Jason Roehl
01-22-2008, 6:33 PM
Does this man have anything that he's NOT good at??????

Umm...growing hair on top of his head? :eek: :D ;) :cool:

(Sorry, Jim, I couldn't resist!)

Roy Hatch
01-22-2008, 6:35 PM
Well, since this "Jump on Jim Day" I would observe that he carries something in his pocket (or hanging around his neck) that sounds an alarm every time a post is made to this site. There, I just heard it. Didn't you?

Roy

Doug Shepard
01-22-2008, 6:46 PM
How many of those Jim Beckers do ya spoze it takes to change a light bulb?:D

Paul Greathouse
01-22-2008, 6:53 PM
Umm...growing hair on top of his head? :eek: :D ;) :cool:

(Sorry, Jim, I couldn't resist!)

Well Jason, thats not quite accurate. I was watching Dr. Phil this afternoon. He and Jim have similar hairstyles and Dr. Phil referred to his own hairstyle as a reverse-mohawk.:D

Jason Roehl
01-22-2008, 7:19 PM
I have a good friend who has alopecia universalis (worked with various chemicals at a major pharmaceutical company his whole adult life...:rolleyes:). He loves to kid around about it when he's with his wife in public by saying, "All I know is that I had all my hair when I got married..." :D Now, he has virtually no hair, anywhere. He doesn't even shave, ever. Just a few patches of some very faint peach fuzz.

Greg Cole
01-23-2008, 9:49 AM
Norm...errr Jim is all the above & now that I think of it... he admitted to being 50? Didn't know proxy systems came in that vintage?;)
Seriously, I stumbled onto Jims website a couple years ago, before finding the Creek, and it was a big inspiration for me to hone my iron to be a better ww'er, not just to get into the rat race of bigger-badder machines etc.

Cheers,
Greg

PS- Doug I suppose his bulbs never burn out....meanwhile my soon to be replaced bathroom light fixture eats one a week.:D

Jim Becker
01-23-2008, 12:16 PM
PS- Doug I suppose his bulbs never burn out....meanwhile my soon to be replaced bathroom light fixture eats one a week.

Never say never, but CFL's do last a lot longer... :p ...and screw in the same way.

Greg Cole
01-23-2008, 1:28 PM
Jim,
I've been using CFL's for awhile now (even the motion detector flood lights in the driveway, ya know the coiled snake looking things). But my master bath fixture has some corrosion or something on the wires, sockets or somewhere in the circuit, as even the CFL's don't last a month. Maybe I'm screwing them in wrong??? :p
Hence it being on "the short list", but that entire bothroom from shower, floor & cabinetry of the bath room is on said list. Why are short lists long anyway???
Living with an 18 year old girl and the wife makes the destruction of this room slightly umm...err.. inflamatory? Or at least a debated topic on when...

Cheers.

Greg

David Epperson
01-23-2008, 2:10 PM
The BECKER is actually an automated proxy-post system which reply's to every post automatically. It operates in all forums and is always smilling with head tited to the left at a 42 degree angle.
I thought that for a while. But it must have glitched and missed one - and it was about DNA and Shellac to boot. :D Go figure?

Jim Becker
01-23-2008, 2:16 PM
Greg, I understand. I'm SO looking forward to the addition being completed so that four of us don't have to share a phone-booth like shower...here's the new one in the master bath. That's 5' x 6'. You can drop the soap and pick it up without touching any wall... :D

And there is another one in the new guest suite on the lower floor. Everyone can be in a shower or bath at the same time...:o

Mitchell Andrus
01-23-2008, 3:25 PM
At first glance... well, the outlet looks a bit too low. Are you sure it's at code height? Be sure to install a CFI, Uh'K?

keith ouellette
01-23-2008, 4:08 PM
I haven't been around long but I saw a picture of Jim in his shop with some wood working big wig and there were no sign of clones. I'm glad Jim is always there to help out. Thankyou Jim.

Jeff Craven
01-23-2008, 4:21 PM
I saw a picture of Jim in his shop with some wood working big wig and there were no sign of clones.Who do you think was holding the camera? ;)

Jim Becker
01-23-2008, 5:30 PM
At first glance... well, the outlet looks a bit too low. Are you sure it's at code height? Be sure to install a CFI, Uh'K?

Um, Mitchell...there's no outlet in the shower. :eek: That's the backside of an outlet in my office...the cement board just isn't on the lower wall as the pan had to go in first. :) We really don't have any toys that we use in the shower that plug in the wall...that I know of...:o

Greg Cole
01-23-2008, 5:39 PM
Maybe we should call in the beloved Buck's County inspector... ya know the one who's since moved on to greener pastures, per say?
What do ya think Jim.... :p I seem to remember a few posts about said inspector being a certain portion of equine anatomy....:D
Thinking if I ever am going to get the bathroom demo & overhaul done I'll have to issue an executive gag order for living conditions (meaning we shower in the stall where if you drop the soap, ya bump your can and head simultaneously & I am 6'2"... DAMKHIT about the head and can bumping).
Seriously (I have a hard time doing that quite often), thanks for your constant input here Jim, you are a resource of many things.

Greg

Christopher Stahl
01-23-2008, 11:31 PM
I think Jim has an evil twin that helps him. Although, Jim could be the evil twin......I think I just blew my mind. :) Maybe it's just a bobble head.

If you find out how to get the hair growing, let me know ASAP. ;)

Michael Gibbons
01-24-2008, 8:27 AM
I estimate that the automated Jim Becker has about 42,389 possible answers for 16,472 possible questions that are cross referenced for number of posts the member has who is posting the question. Also, if you ask the same question in three different forums, you will get three different answers which could become confusing. Example: If newbie Joe want's to know what tablesaw he should buy and only has $1,500 to spend, the automated Jim Becker could respond that it depends if you have a walk-in basement or have to negotiate down some small stairway and where the TS will be placed in respect to the furnace. That's most likely the answer you'd get in General WWing forum. If you ask it in the turners forum, the auto J.B. would need to know what kind of bandsaw you have and if it has roller guide bearings or Cool Blocks. Now if Senior' poster asks the same question, the answer will be different even though the amount of cash that is available to spend is the same.

Dennis Peacock
01-24-2008, 8:47 AM
Ye gads...and he's a cook, too? Does this man have anything that he's NOT good at?????? He's gotta be a clone--where do I find one??

Nancy

Yes he does and quiet the excellent cook I might add. :D Take it from someone who has sat at The Becker's dinner table and enjoyed a most excellent Jim Becker cooked meal..!!!! Wow...I can still remember that meal today. Hey Jim..!!!!! I'm hawngreee.....when's dinner?? :rolleyes: :D